Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 2002 Honda Civic Alternator Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joea9146
My Daughter has a 2002 Honda Civic I believe it has a bad Alternator.
She is at college, from the pictures she has sent me it looks
like the belts are still in place so I am thinking the
Alternator has failed. The Battery light is flashing on the dash.

Has anyone replaced one of these ? I have searched google but have
not found a How to on remomoving the alternator . Looks like it
is in a tight spot to access. Anyone done one of these?
or Know where I might find how to remove the Alternator.

Cant be any worst than a 914 Alternator... huh.gif

Thanks...
Dave_Darling
2002? Hmm... Do you know if the engine is a D-series or a B-series? It'll say on a boss down on the front of the motor by where the transmission mates to it.

On the older D-series cars (talking late 1980s and early 1990s), you can either unbolt the brake master cylinder and move it just a bit to squeeze the alternator out, or you can get the suspension into full droop and turn the alt just so to squeeze it by (after removing the plastic shrouding from the fender well), or you pass it underneath the intake manifold to the other side of the engine bay to an opening you can get it out of. Not sure if the 02 would be done the same way.

--DD
joea9146
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Oct 10 2005, 11:05 AM)
2002? Hmm... Do you know if the engine is a D-series or a B-series? It'll say on a boss down on the front of the motor by where the transmission mates to it.

Not Sure the Civic is a 2dr coupe EX I believe it is NOT a 2.0 so not sure how that relates to the B or D series. or if that even Helps... smile.gif
McMark
My 93 drops right out. Doesn't look like it would, but it does. Unbolt it and see if you can wriggle it out. Mine come out through the bottom. I didn't have to unbolt anything else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.