Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: damn theives
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
OMB_Godfather
You'll have to excuse my seats, im workin on that.
Hammy
That's pretty nice... now you got me thinkin...
Dr. Roger
do you have any constructin / assembly pics????

Very nice! smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif
OMB_Godfather
No, no progress pics. Basically i used 1/2 in MDF press board and to get the curve i bent a piece of metal from a cabinet shelf around a leg of my work bench. for the door i used the same metal and bolted the whole thing into the stock tray holes. although i did make it an inch too wide the 1st time and had to cut it down where the deck just barely fits in between the console sides. i didnt even have enough room to use the deck trim plate. The back of it fits underneath the back pad all the way to the metal. It took a lot of head scratching but its done and im happy mueba.gif
msglaigaie
I have read everyones ideas about how to protect the music machine in the 914. I too have a Kenwood, using the stock speakers tucked under the dash. The KW has a removable faceplate leaving an ugly rectangle on the dash. In the past twelve months I have dug out the faceplate and actually played the radio just one time. I just love to drive and my music is my motor. The stereo is in the usual location which makes it a pain in the behonkis to adjust while wearing four points. I guess it would come in handy on a long drive so I would like to move it to a place between the seats, low on the firewall. I have taken out the original padding and I am replacing it with a sound proofing pad coverd with leather (lighter is faster). A passenger could fool around with the music (never drive a long one alone). I really want a fuel gauge were the radio is now. Any constructive comments?? Please?? MSG L lurking again
Hammy
Do you have size demensions for it or something....
msglaigaie
Well, go about twelve or eighteen inches or so up off the deck, then cut a hole in the firewall. Mount the radio in that hole and run the wires right down the center tunnel. I could wrap the radio with a heat wrap. I could even fab up a little metal box to go around it and bolt/weld it to the wall. Does anybody see any dumb stuff yet??
MSG L
OMB_Godfather
wouldnt that put a huge mess o metal in the engine bay or is all this going inside the car? or am i on the wrong end of the car anyways. Also soemthing that helps a lot is a fully functional remote so you dont have to put it close enough to mess with it. Whats even neater is cd changers that connect to almost any new deck. Pioneer has a very nice unit which is the one i ended up buying that has a cd changer plug in, xm sirius ready, 1/8 in auxillary plug in the back, hook ups for cell phone mute so when ur phone rings ur deck mutes, front and rear pre outs, and it has a dolphin screen saver. wink.gif .I believe i saw a 50 cd changer on jvc's website for a rediculous amount of money.
bondo
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Oct 17 2005, 10:48 PM)
5,900 MILLIWATTS OF PATENTED "TAZER ZAP" TECHNOLOGY.

Wow, that's the most impressive way I've ever heard 5.9 Watts expressed. biggrin.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (bondo @ Oct 21 2005, 05:03 PM)
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Oct 17 2005, 10:48 PM)
5,900 MILLIWATTS OF PATENTED "TAZER ZAP" TECHNOLOGY.

Wow, that's the most impressive way I've ever heard 5.9 Watts expressed. biggrin.gif

milli, kilo, mega....

it's all greek to me. not the perps though. wink.gif
bd1308
1.21 JIGAWATTS!!!!!????!?!?!??
porschecb
The best music I ever heard was my engine!! My stereo is at home. rolleyes.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (porschecb @ Oct 21 2005, 08:23 PM)
The best music I ever heard was my engine!! My stereo is at home. rolleyes.gif

You know that is sooo true.

My stereo works great and I turned in on once, then immediatly turned it off. I just love hearing my car run.

The fahrvergnugen.

Roger
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.