Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bnick
Side shift kit gave me 8 parts 3 bushings 1 cup 2 balls and 2 odd bushings that are thinner that I can't figure out where they go. Can somebody fill me in on where they go?
McMark
Can you take a picture of them?
Allan
AA = chairfall.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (Headrage @ Oct 14 2005, 08:48 PM)
AA = chairfall.gif

their problem is usually shipping the parts so he's ok cool.gif
Allan
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Oct 14 2005, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (Headrage @ Oct 14 2005, 08:48 PM)
AA =  :chairfall:

their problem is usually shipping the parts so he's ok cool.gif

You're right...

Thay shipped mine really fast...

WRONG PART.....
914GT
QUOTE (Bnick @ Oct 14 2005, 06:45 PM)
Side shift kit gave me 8 parts 3 bushings 1 cup 2 balls and 2 odd bushings that are thinner that I can't figure out where they go. Can somebody fill me in on where they go?

One of the 'odd' bushings might be the lower shift lever bushing. The other could be an early-to-late firewall conversion bushing.
smg914
Bnick,

Now you know that if you ever need to know how to attach a Clickable or how to attach a Quote to a post, you can contact the two guys on the two previous posts (Allen and Jim).

To answer your question; You didn't identify what year 914 you own but without knowing that...there is an upper shift lever bushing and a lower shift lever bushing that attach to the lower part of the gear shift lever (below the shift boot and the shift lever housing. These are probably the thinner bushings that you mentioned. The shift cup bushing snaps onto the shift lever ball socket. You have the rear crown bushing that snaps into the rear shift rod bracket and you have the large firewall bushing. There is also a rear shifter cup bushing that to get to it you must remove the large plastic rear shift cover. There are also bushing inside the shift coupler but I'm not sure if you got those in the package.
Bnick
Shift lever bushings! Well I won't be needing them with a Rennshifter! Thanks
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (Bnick @ Oct 14 2005, 05:45 PM)
Side shift kit gave me 8 parts 3 bushings 1 cup 2 balls and 2 odd bushings that are thinner that I can't figure out where they go.

Two plastic "balls"? Sounds to me like you got the tail-shift kit... Oops!

Side shift kit should contain:
Cup bushing for gear selector at transmission
Castellated bushing for side-shift console
Two half-circle bushings for the universal joint just aft of the firewall
Firewall bushing

...I think there may be a bushing or two in the gearshift lever base, but I don't recall offhand.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.