Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I missing something???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Doug Leggins
I have spent much less time on the board the last couple of months. It sure allowed much more time for working on the car biggrin.gif . I stayed clear of the bitch sessions that caused troubles. I've only read very few threads.

So what did I miss? Or is there just very little interest in the FFC compared to the previous years.

Our communication and organization could be better, but the communication that we have done has been received with what seems to be little club enthusiasm.

Just me or is there something keeping the FFC interest down?

Any thoughts?
seanery
I dunno. I know I have put the time into it (haven't been able and thought I wouldn't be here still). Plus, last year we had a ton of prize giveaways, could those have made that much difference? confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
I don't know. There were more "events" this year than last year I think. Maybe that has something to do with it. I felt the same way about the MWC, it was a great turn out and all but sometime I get the feeling if it isn't happening on the west cost it doesn't seem to get much chatter. confused24.gif

Bottom line for me, I don't care if we have one car or 100, it's all about the people and I look forward to seeing you all again. beerchug.gif drunk.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
Pnambic
Well, a couple things could be affecting it...

• Rediculous gas prices
  • Anyone with a heart has given what they can to hurricane relief funds, not leaving much in the fun kitty
  • Like Garold said, lots of other events

But also like Garold said, it doesnt matter how many people show up. Its always a good time.

If the engine mounts I ordered from JWest arrive tomorrow, I should be getting the engine in mine finally. (The PO had no rubber or solid engine mounts anywhere....just bolted the engine straight to the engine bar.) But I don't know that I can afford to insure the car to drive it. Guess it depends on how many birthday checks I get today. We've had more than $50,000 in medical expenses in the last 18 months and we're just barely scraping by. Leah wants me to at least show up for part of Saturday, though it'll probably mean I don't eat lunch next week.

I'm up for a promotion at work though, so that's good. It'd be a pretty good raise and more importantly get me out of the payscale I'm in now, which I've maxed out. plus, it'd be a much more interesting job. They've already let me take on half the responsibilities to see how I'd do I guess. Think a kind thought for me.

I really hope to see you guys next weekend!
seanery
Happy Birthday Dan!

...thinking good thoughts about your raise!
Doug Leggins
Good points guys. Gas prices, hurricane relief and all of the additional events are surely having some affect.

You're right it will be a great time no matter how many 914's and owners show up! I just get a little caught up that the other events draw so many.

Happy birthday Dan! and good luck with the promotion!
GaroldShaffer
Just means more dorr prizes for us wink.gif aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.