Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HSR vintage races @ sebring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ein 6er
have i crashed the server yet?!? unsure.gif

everyone bored yet?! just a couple more of the prototypes then i done.

ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
xxx
ein 6er
fastfastFAST!!!!!!
ein 6er
and even FASTER!!! this is the judd v8, in i believe the ferrari p333 chassis, this thing was a screamer!!!
ein 6er
QUOTE (qa1142 @ Oct 17 2005, 04:29 PM)
BugEyes!

Gotta say, I was born in 1958, I can't afford a '58 356 sad.gif likely never will

But I have been lurkin, looking at 1958 Bugeye sprites. SCCA racers run $8 to $15K and nice runners can be had for 914 prices. I could see myself fixing one on the side of the road

i think a club member had a bugeye up for sale not too long ago.
ein 6er
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Oct 17 2005, 05:02 PM)
does HSR allow open pipes? i just see headers and megaphones.

this, i don't know .... but this ... is a link to the rules.
914Timo
Thanks. Very nice pics. Especially those sifter, engine, chlutch and pedal details.

But, those taillights ??? blink.gif wacko.gif
914Timo
Oooooh shhhhh*****ttttt !!!!!

T A I L L G H T S biggrin.gif lol2.gif

Sorry, but you all know what I mean
URY914
Looks like he is going for the 911R taillight look. rolleyes.gif

I din't realize that locking out reverse was a big issue. I've never hit reverse when going to 2nd. But I been making that shift for a long time. Maybe guys that are new to the tranny have a problem. (I have caught 1st when going to 3rd, very painfull screwy.gif )

Doug, you are now the O-fish-al 914Club Race Track Photo Man. You need to get one of those vests with all the pockets and a goffy hat and you'll if right in at the track. biggrin.gif

Great job, smilie_pokal.gif
Van914
smilie_pokal.gif
beerchug.gif

Doug,
Great photos
Thanks!
Van914
serge914
I believe they lock out first and reverse.
merrill
Are we bored yet screwy.gif Not a chance beerchug.gif I could look at pics like these for days on end. Thank you sooo much for sharing clap.gif
carr914
The white Brumos car is the car Eliot Forbes Robinson drives. It's maintained by Dave White Racing in Tampa.

T.C.
bernbomb914
Back in 1975 I maintained EFRs super vee, He was amaizing he led every race that year and won the championship.with a one off home built car sponsered by Pharr Yarns

Bernie
brant
QUOTE (ein 6er @ Oct 17 2005, 05:25 PM)
o2 sensors? it was carbed, the sensors led to a plug in the rear bumper (see previous foto)

Awesome pictures...
truely love them!

the oxy sensor is common on carbed cars for jetting purposes.

and the rear bumper plug in is not wired to the oxy sensor. Its a common receptacle used on formula cars (and others) to allow battery charging.

Alot of guys around here run PCA cars with no alternator. (the 4's use a 2nd battery for the aux cooling fan) and then plug in between every run to top up the batteries.

awesome pictures!

brant
maf914
QUOTE (ein 6er @ Oct 17 2005, 05:23 PM)
and even FASTER!!! this is the judd v8, in i believe the ferrari p333 chassis, this thing was a screamer!!!

I'm pretty sure this is a Riley and Scott Mk-IIIC that was redesigned by the Rancho(?) racing team. They changed the original front radiator layout to twin side mounted radiators with the new nose feeding them on either side of the cockpit. This team ran R&S Mk-III's and Mk-IIIC's in the early Grand Am years, when Grand Am was formed to counter IMSA (which was falling apart before Don Panoz took over and formed the ALMS).

The Dyson team raced R&S Mk-III's for years with good success then tried a MK-IIIC for a season without much success. Jim Mathews Racing raced a MK-IIIC for a couple of seasons with fair results. There was a MK-IIIC running in some of the ALMS events the past couple of seasons.
ein 6er
I'm pretty sure this is a Riley and Scott Mk-IIIC that was redesigned by the Rancho(?) racing team.

thanks mike!! ... you are right!! just looked at the hsr site, thanks for the correction!! just goes to show you what i know!! wacko.gif

the oxy sensor is common on carbed cars for jetting purposes.

and the rear bumper plug in is not wired to the oxy sensor. Its a common receptacle used on formula cars (and others) to allow battery charging.

thanks brant!! i guess i should have said ... " the o2 sensor wires >appear< to go to the plug on the bumper." rolleyes.gif or i should have just crawled up under there and followed the wires!! laugh.gif

he white Brumos car is the car Eloit Forbes Robinson drives. It's maintained by Dave White Racing in Tampa.

T.C.

thanks for the info t.c.!! i didn't notice the names on the door. wow, that says alot for the 914, if a driver of his caliber drives one!! never did see it on the track. sad.gif

Doug, you are now the O-fish-al 914Club Race Track Photo Man. You need to get one of those vests with all the pockets and a goffy hat and you'll if right in at the track.

thanks for the job paul!! biggrin.gif sebring is a great track for spectators, you can get really close to the track. but during a big race, i'm sure it's hard to get around all the motorhomes and campers to get good shots. for the 12 hrs, maybe i can get foto credentials from 914world.com so i can get inside the fence!! cool_shades.gif
carr914
Doug, for the 12 Hours, we will get together and you can borrow my Hot Pits Pass to take some shots.

T.C.
brant
Doug, anyone....

does anyone know the displacement on some of these teeners?

looks like a bunch of them ware SCCA cars, what displacement would they typically be of for scca?

brant
carr914
Brant, most of these cars are running 2.0 liters or 2.5. HSR has a 2.0 KlubSport class for 911s and 914-6s. There is some insane money being spent trying to squeese another hp out of these 2.0 liter monster. Then there is a class that takes anything above 2.0 up to 2.5, so most go 2.5. All engines have to be signed off by the builder to their specs. almost all the Zotz (black Blum Racing, silver, pink & white), The EFR car, are running 2.5s. My friend builds or dynos them all.

T.C.
brant
The one with the oil cooler block off/filter, I wondered if it was bigger.

Is HSR an SCCA class?
or are some of them just simply double log booked?

good info
thanks
brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.