Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumble Bee Racer (aka das Boot) Almost
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
BEE DRIVEN
From one LE Bee owner to another. Hi Jim, I am Nick Moskatow I put a few ideas together for you on decal packages, depending on how much of a track car look you want. This first image could be the all out track package.
1. 911 Fuch wheels, yellow painted centers.
2. Jeff Bowlsby's porsche stripe decal.
3. Driver's name decal.
4. USA flag decal.
5. Transparent moving German flag,with number 10.
6. Owners web name Porsche Rescue decal.
7. Sean Lee's 914 Club.com decal.
8. 914 Club Racing decal.
BEE DRIVEN
1. Removed large moving flag for a small German flag on side.
2. Carry-over wheels with yellow painted centers.
3. All same decals on rocker panel as first image.
BEE DRIVEN
This image shows that the silver wheel could work on a LE Bee with graphics that relate to silver.
1. Carry-over silver wheels.
2. Web name becomes more important in silver,and yellow (Porsche Rescue) graphics,and silver stripes top,and bottom to relate to the wheels.
3. Solid yellow number 10.
4. Yellow 914 club.com decal on door.
BEE DRIVEN
This image moves to the yellow side.
1. New number 10 in yellow with red edge.
2. Web name done in yellow.
3. Wheels with yellow centers.
BEE DRIVEN
Yellow, and silver graphics.
BEE DRIVEN
Minimal decal package for street,and track.
sixnotfour
Porsche rescue stripe , great idea
BEE DRIVEN
This image is moving back into the full track graphics.
1. Solid moving German flag.
2. Silver Porsche graphics to match wheels.
BEE DRIVEN
Well Jim, the ideas are endless. I hope the images show the possibilities,and how to even personalize your car by using your name,and web name as a decal. Well keep up the great work on your LE Bee,and I like your garage from what I could see from the photos you posted.
This last image is another all-out track layout,but with black center wheels to give it a stealth feel.
mharrison
Personally, I like the IMSA style airdam. But then, it needs side skirts for that to really fit. The airdam would look ALOT different if it was black. Wouldn't stick out nearly as much.

I'd also put the negative side stripes back on. I really liked the look of that.

All in all a VERY nice car! Enjoy!
Porsche Rescue
Bee Driven,

Thank you very much. You have given me much to think about. I may need your help to figure out how to implement.
Then there is the other problem: I'm not a near good enough driver to look so good. If I do very much of that 'ol JP Stein will ride me forever!
The wheels I will be using will be the yellow 5 spoke Revolutions and a silver set for street tires. Selling the six spokes.
Porsche Rescue
street wheels
Eric Taylor
Good call on the wheels jim. Those 5 spokes are beauties. What a cool car I have to say, I would love to get a chance to see it some day.
Eric
Eric_Shea
JB Weld update please...
Bruce Allert
Holy cow James! That is a very stunning car smilie_pokal.gif

I'm envious... really man, I'm envious. Good job beer.gif I wanna see it up close.

Wanna trade for my 30K M edition Miata? drunk.gif

......b
Porsche Rescue
JB Weld is holding strong so far. Doesn't look pretty but I just don't look at it!
No trades this week Bruce, but you never know.
Porsche Rescue
Nick,
Can you work your magic to turn the top of the rear bumper black (part that would be rubber if stock bumper)? I am thinking of Jeff's idea that the bumper tops might be black instead of yellow. I do plan to replace the front with a stock type fiberglass bumper when I can find one. Maybe you could also black out the top the current "snow plow" as well?
Porsche Rescue
Front
mike_the_man
Jim,

Are you planning on selling the 6 spoke wheels? How much are you thinking? I may be interested.

And I think the car looks great as is. Understated is always the way to go, in my opinion.

Porsche Rescue
Thanks Mike.
Already sold to a Club member in North Carolina. They were listed on the Club classifieds last week.
BEE DRIVEN
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Oct 31 2005, 02:40 PM)
Nick,
Can you work your magic to turn the top of the rear bumper black (part that would be rubber if stock bumper)? I am thinking of Jeff's idea that the bumper tops might be black instead of yellow. I do plan to replace the front with a stock type fiberglass bumper when I can find one. Maybe you could also black out the top the current "snow plow" as well?

Hi Jim,
I have two front images for you to view. The first one is just painting,and striping the upper of the fiberglass air-dam,and also closingout the openings with a nice mesh to give your front a more quality detail look.
Nick.
BEE DRIVEN
This second images shows the same paint,and striping,but with added detail of Decals. The snow-plow front does not look so bad anymore. What do you guys think?....... I will post the rear view this wednesday. Jim maybe you could take more photos of the front,and rear of your BEE outside, it would make for better photo retouchs..... Nick
Porsche Rescue
Your work is fantastic. Miracle of computers! I will post some outside front rear pics today if the rain will stop long enough to take them! Thanks
goose2
Yes...very nice Nick! I'm afraid you're going to be bombarded with requests for graphics counseling now biggrin.gif The snowplow looks almost good with your treatment, but it would be nice to see a more stock bumblebee type front too.
JeffBowlsby
Nick...I am speechless...that is stunning... pray.gif
Porsche Rescue
Nick, here are a couple of pics taken outside. Please work your magic. I really like the front treatment you did, flowing the stripe into the bumper. I am going to try to duplicate it. If it comes out anywhere near as good looking as your work I may just forget replacing the "snow plow".
Porsche Rescue
Now, what about the rear? Thinking of painting the top "rubber" area black. Other ideas?
BEE DRIVEN
Hi Jim, great photos of your car! This first image of the rear will match the painting,and striping on the front, but the striping will be difficult to make clean with all the little surface changes.
BEE DRIVEN
This image tries to create a more forgiving way of making the stripe work without bring it down into the bumper.
JeffBowlsby
Nick...you have a very keen eye...a very tasteful execution. The proposed layout loses all of the incompleteness of the current paint scheme. Not completely sure of the rear scheme yet, but its getting there.

Jim...I vote to keep the 'plow front...with Nicks clever flowing stripe integration, its just radical enough to say "I am a race car" and just refined enough to nod to the cars heritage...
SirAndy
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Nov 2 2005, 09:49 PM)
I vote to keep the 'plow front...with Nicks clever flowing stripe integration, its just radical enough to say "I am a race car" and just refined enough to nod to the cars heritage...

agree.gif
BEE DRIVEN
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Nov 2 2005, 08:49 PM)
Nick...you have a very keen eye...a very tasteful execution. The proposed layout loses all of the incompleteness of the current paint scheme. Not completely sure of the rear scheme yet, but its getting there.

Jim...I vote to keep the 'plow front...with Nicks clever flowing stripe integration, its just radical enough to say "I am a race car" and just refined enough to nod to the cars heritage...

Thank you Jeff! The rear of the car is a tough one,but Jim maybe the one to pull-off a paint job. This image separates the spoiler stripe even more from the bumper to create other opportunities for graphic break-ups. Jim you should get black vinyl tape in all widths from 1/8 to 2" and tape off your car before going with the paint. When designing cars we do that all the time to work out surfaces. Tape-off the black areas,and add a black vinyl pin stripe,than take photos and see what it will looks like. Low cost,and time .
BEE DRIVEN
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Nov 2 2005, 03:44 PM)
Now, what about the rear? Thinking of painting the top "rubber" area black.  Other ideas?

Well Jim, I will leave you with this last image for tonight. It's a take off from the third one,but with some decals to give it life. I will come up with a few more in the coming days.
Nick.
drgchapman
Wow, Nick looks great. The snow plow lives! JIm, Go with the new paint scheme on the front. I like the blended rear stripe into the bumper. Very good looking. Also the custom numbers are way better that the stickies on there now. But, will it make you faster? More yellow=More faster
maf914
Nick, Nice work. The addition of the black to top of the front air dam and to the rear bumper rubber really lightens the previous bulky appearance.

Jim, Nice car. I too like the look of the yellow Revolutions. I also like the silver street Revolutions. I have black center RFX's on my car, and I sometimes wish I had gone with the silver instead.
Porsche Rescue
Nick, thank you very much. Please continue as you have time. Your suggestion to use tape to "test" the look will be put to use.

Do you have the ability to create and supply some of the graphics (numbers) you have created? Gary seems to think mine are a bit tacky (I do too after seeing yours)!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.