Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Please.....where to power-up pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wheelo
Help , please...
Anyone have advise on how to wire-in rotary fuel pump?
I am doing an FI to Carb conversion, and will be switching-out stock Fuel pump.
With the harness/ecu unplugged, how do you get 12v to the pump without rewire?
The fuel pump relay will not be energized.
I had relocted stock pump under gas tank, should I place new one there, or in engine conpartment?

Any help/input appreciated as I am beginning job !!

cool_shades.gif

- M
TC/914
The electric pump will need to be as close to the tank as possible and below the tank if you can. That pump is a "pusher" and works best in that location.

Trace the original wiring to the 12 volt key-on feed and wire it in there. Best and safest is to stick as close to stock as possible.

Luck!

TC
wheelo
Thanks Bro !

That should do the trick .... I was stuck... and need a direction to go ....

Cheers
beerchug.gif

- M
Dave_Darling
It's a Good Thing to use a relay to run the pump. The stock fuel pump relay can be used, if you ground one of the pins in the four-pin connector on the relay board. This assumes you have run the original fuel pump wire up to the front compartment (or have a 75-76, which has the wire going up front).

There have been posts about this, one in the past few days. A search will turn up some photos and at least one or two threads on the subject.

--DD
Trekkor
Here:

lapuwali
Except, Trekkor, that place on the relay board doesn't go through the fuel pump relay. I *may* go through the main relay. Two of the pins on that connector should be bridged together for the fuel pump relay to work as stock. Pins I and III, if connected together will turn on the fuel pump with the key, but through the fuel pump relay, and using the fuel pump fuse (the 8 amp one).
grasshopper
FI to Carbs??? why??? there are no advantages at all for that.... I'm in the process of changing my car back to FI wacko.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (wheelo @ Oct 22 2005, 10:32 AM)
Any help/input appreciated as I am beginning job !!

all your answers are in the "classic threads" section ...

right here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=5&t=25954

wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.