Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wiring harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
ok, changing out harnesses, when i was pulling the old one, i found this shoved behind the foam padding on front of the passenger side floor. What was it for??
grasshopper
got the rear half of the new harness installed, and found this and the other one in the next pic...they look like they come from the rear, what are they and where do they go??? Thanks
grasshopper
and this??
Aaron Cox
top pic = EGR counter for 76 cars.

middle pic may be for the backpad light? or the handbrake light switch.

now...hijack. hijacked.gif
etnies sandals.... lose em.
most comfortable sandals in history...
i rock em 360.125 days a year.
best in the world....a socal tradition
Qarl
First one is probably for the EGR counter (for CA cars)

Second one looks like the Rear Window defroster wires (for the rear window with the integrated wire defroster)
grasshopper
Thanks guys. still dont know what the last one is though... anyone??? andy??
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Oct 22 2005, 06:44 PM)
Thanks guys. still dont know what the last one is though... anyone??? andy??

is the last one the starter hookup?
Dave_Darling
Does look "kinda" like the "flag terminals" that go on the aft end of the yellow starter wire. But if I am interpreting the photo correctly, the red wire has the flag-type terminal and the yellow has either a straight-on spade lug or a ring--can't tell from the pic very well.

Is that last one part of the main wiring harness, or a separate harness? What's on the other end?

--DD
grasshopper
it ties in to the main harness.... the yellow and red both have flag type connectors.....
Dave_Darling
Thoughie... Looks like it connects up under the dash somewhere--the other wires sticking out of the harness are a red/white (switched power) and a brown with a ring terminal on it (ground). Maybe something to do with the headlights?

--DD
Qarl
fog lights at the switch?

Or something for the center console gauges?
snflupigus
I have a theory that vice grips sneak into just about 23.3 percent of all 914 pictures.

biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Berry: Why are you droping stuff on your toes?????
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
michelko
from what i can see ... i think it is connected to the combination relay. You should find it at the fuse board:

maybe you can find the other end of the wires ?

smilie_flagge6.gif
michelko
this silver cube
bd1308
i'm going to go with my gut feeling:
blinker relay

b
grasshopper
well.... thanks..... but i'm more confused now smile.gif I'll start tracing it back tomorrow after school
grasshopper
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Oct 23 2005, 12:50 PM)
Berry: Why are you droping stuff on your toes?????
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

dont make fun of my toes!!! wink.gif im clumsy huh.gif..... i get it from my mom biggrin.gif
Verruckt
QUOTE (snflupigus @ Oct 23 2005, 01:01 PM)
I have a theory that vice grips sneak into just about 23.3 percent of all 914 pictures.

biggrin.gif

and sandals into .5% of pictures wacko.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (michelko @ Oct 23 2005, 02:54 PM)
this silver cube

That's the latching relay to switch from low to high beams. If you are trying to put a 911 column in, you have to remove it. The headlight switch in the 911 does that function....

grasshopper
well, thanks for all the responses, and i have a conformation that the second one is the rear window derfroster.... so all i need now is a switch, and the actual window.... wacko.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Oct 24 2005, 10:10 AM)
well, thanks for all the responses, and i have a conformation that the second one is the rear window derfroster.... so all i need now is a switch, and the actual window.... wacko.gif

barry! ill buy that harness from you
michelko
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Oct 24 2005, 07:11 AM)
QUOTE (michelko @ Oct 23 2005, 02:54 PM)
this silver cube

That's the latching relay to switch from low to high beams. If you are trying to put a 911 column in, you have to remove it. The headlight switch in the 911 does that function....

This is not a must.

I am still using the 914 style high beam switch.
Pull the lever once you got high pull it second time and they go low, and so on.

The push funktion of the 911 column has no function (in my car)

smilie_flagge6.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.