Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front targa Top Seal Question ??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I am in the process of putting the 914 back together and have rubber seals all over the place and of course I am trying to figure out where they all go. The one I cannot seem to find is the one (if it exists?) that goes on the top of the windshield frame that would seal the targa top? I put the bottom seal on here, but it seems like there would be one that goes above the other? Does this seal exist? Pics?

The reason I assume this seal exists is the Targa top does not seal tight on the front (or on the rear either?) and there is no tension on the latches to keep them closed. I assume this seal would do that? HELP?
SLITS
There is the "C" shaped seal that goes around the windshield pillars and across the very top and there is a seal that fits in the upper channel between the pillars.

Yes, there are two............... "S" and "R" in the image

user posted image

And yes, the other is available....need one?
vesnyder
It must be "S" - I iwll have to take a look. I am pretty sure I have that!
SLITS
QUOTE (vesnyder @ Oct 24 2005, 10:54 AM)
It must be "S" - I iwll have to take a look. I am pretty sure I have that!

The "S" is a one piece seal that looks like a "C".....seals the vent wing window and the very top of the targa against the windshield frame. A pain in the ass to install.....about $215? from parts houses

The second seal actually only seals the front of the targa top against the lower part of the windshield frame...'bout 1" below the other. It is a straight, with a notch in the middle....about $65 from parts houses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.