Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Van News Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
redshift
I think Dave should have to flare everyone's cars!

All in favor!?

wavey.gif

M
Bleyseng
I'll be happy if Dave pays for the beer and pizza at the flare party.

Brad, go ahead and charge the pot for the gas and food to drag the van back to SF. We'll figure something out, damn thing is getting very expensive.

Geoff
rhodyguy
i'll ask. how much dough will be invested in this thing? not to include the lift. intenet price for one way to sj/oak is $130, not including add on fees.

kevin
Lawrence
My sincere thanks to all who have put forth effort to make this happen... it's a testament to the quality of people here, and Brad's leadership, that we can rebound when something like this strikes.

-Lawrence
tryan
how much mola do we need to do the lift and motor r&r ?
Brad Roberts
What did you do with LB ?? give us back LB.

I'm better this morning..

We will win.

I havent/wont contact Lisa until the van is ready to go north. I need more time to cool off.

I found out she works from a car lot based at a Shell station (4-5 cars parked in a gas station).

B
Lawrence
I'm hungover... too many nights in a row drinking tequila until the wee hours of the morning.

At some point, I need to gear down. blink.gif
rhodyguy
hind sight is always 20-20. lisa threatened to return the money. (a bluff, in my book, call, let them fold and grab the pot). i'm sure she is rolling on the floor laughing. this whole thing, from the ebay van in penn to present is beyond my comprehension. scream at me if you want, treat me as a leper if that makes you feel better. does anyone think that vans aren't sold in wa?

kevin
Brad Roberts
Tryan.. the lift is installed. The van and the lift ran us right at 9500$ We had 11.2 to start with. Maybe a couple hundred more. I have some checks that came in this week that havent been "processed".

I was thinking this morning (lookout)

I would like Pam or Doug Robbins to contact Lisa about this. I think Pam and Doug are some of the few level headed people on this board that wouldnt blow up at her like the rest of us would like to.

Pam..Doug ?? what say ye ??

B
Lawrence
I'll call Pam now.
rhodyguy
so how much is the replacement engine and install going to run? is this going to be a $16k van?

kevin
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 14 2003, 08:46 AM)

We will win.

B

Yuppers we will.
What goes round comes round... we got a lot commin' to us and so does SHE smash.gif
The forces of evil will prevail without us lifting a finger. People like her never win. I'd just like to see it happen instead of hearing about it but hearing is better than nothing.
I just don't like to wait... she'll get hers finger.gif
bruce
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 14 2003, 12:33 AM)
I am opting to go get the van and bring it up here... so I can at least watch the work being done.

If I spend any more time on this.. I'm going to need a wheelchair.. now I get to drive to Buttonwillow with an empty car trailer and haul this PIECE OF SHIT Back. 5 fucking hours one way. I have got news for the 914club.. MY gas is being paid for from the funds as well as my food.

Any objections ?? finger.gif I'll be more than happy to turn all of this over to anyone who wants it.

I will get/have the van repaired..then Lisa gets a fat bill from me and nice letter from my favorite attorney.

Rant over. I'm pissed OFF big time.

B

Damn I wish I had a trailer...

a friend asked me if I'd drive down to socal with him early sunday morning,
he's looking at picking up a Land Cruiser.
We'd be driving right thru the Bakersfield/Buttonwillow area coming home,
I could swing by and get it. driving.gif

Objections? Why would there be? Isn't the 'fund' for the Van, and any
issues like this? It's not like you're taking your wife on vacation AND
wanting to use the funds.
silver six
I'd be happy to contact Lisa, but first I would suggest:

1. We wait until all the work is done on this vehicle to see what the total damage is.
2. Let me talk to the principal players to find out exactly what happened and who said what.
3. Let us cool-out for a little bit. We have some time to sort this out.

Let's just concentrate on getting Dave his van for now. Brad, I'll call you over the weekend.

Douglas
Lawrence
I just reread that... are you trying to say that I'M not levelheaded enough to work this out? rolleyes.gif

I'm on the phone with Pam right now. She says sure. Brad, she needs to talk to you to ensure that she has all the details. Do you know what she does for a living? I.T. contract negotioation... and before that it was medical claims negotioation (jousting with lawyers). She's pretty kick-ass at getting what she wants.

Also, it would probably be helpful if everyone stops flipping Lisa off on the BBS. I'm sure that Lisa knows about this board and it's not good for negotioation.

-Rusty smoke.gif
rhodyguy
are you kidding? i'm sure she has watched the whole unwind. my guess was that she was a sharp cookie from the get go, and that's a sincere compliment. hi lisa.

kevin
Lawrence
Per Douglas's request, I am closing this topic. Please respect his legal opinion on the matter, and please do not start another topic.

Be assured that news will come as it's available, and wise to post.

v/r
Lawrence
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.