Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch problems...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
installed new clutch cable...

on the transmission side of the cable, the nut is at the maximum threaded portion (tightened as far as possible) yet I could not get the clutch to release when pushing the pedal...so, I added a 1 inch spacer between the nut and the clutch fork...

now the clutch will desingage but it feels odd when pressing the pedal...

when I push the pedal I cannot feel any thing loose inside the tunnel to signify a loose clutch tube cable...

what am I missing? I thought that if the clutch tube was broken that I would be able to feel it being loose inside the tunnel sad.gif blink.gif

Thanks

Mike
Oled
Mike,

have someone push in the clutch while you lookat the spot the tube comes out of the firewall. It rusts loose there and bneds with pressure even though further foward in the tunnel the tube is still attatched.

Ed
cha914
This happened to me and I had to go in and put a shim under the shift fork pivot ball...

sucks cause you have to drop the tranny, but would be better than a loose clutch tube tongue.gif

good luck,

Tony
a914luvr
ya, Tony's prolly right. See if the throw out arm is hitting the tranny case when the pedal is pushed in. As part of a clutch job I always throw a shim (sometimes 2) under the pivot ball unless I'm using a brand new flywheel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.