Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my pictures from Laguna Seca ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
here are some of my pictures from this weekend. we had a blast!

we got there friday morning and set up the "914Club Tech" trailer (curtsey of Joe Sharp pray.gif ) and watched the guys do their practice laps all day and finished the day with a small party at the trailer ...
for some strange reason, people kept on referring to our little celebration as "rowdy" the next day ... confused24.gif biggrin.gif

saturday, the morning was spent getting ready for the parade laps.
Mr. "X" will hopefully chime in here and give us a detailed description of the "Follow the Pace-Car" incident ... laugh.gif

after the parade laps, we all gathered back in the paddock and invited all the racecars over for a photo-op. it turned out really well and we had 14 914s lined up. smilie_pokal.gif

a BIG thanks to Victory Lane Magazine for their sponsorship and their help to set this up. thanks Pam! clap.gif
and another BIG thank you to Bruce Goronsky from the San Francisco SCCA region for the reserved space in the paddock and for making the parade laps a reality! clap.gif

another BIG thanks to all of you who showed up and showed their support, it was very much appreciated! beerchug.gif

and of course lets not forget the 6(!) 914s that actually participated in the races. hats off to you, gentlemen! driving.gif

tired, but happy,
cool_shades.gif Andy

PS: oh, and a very personal thank you to Jim for letting me ride shotgun down to laguna and to Jay for letting us spent the night at his house and to Joe for being such a generous host!

SirAndy
friday morning, setting up the "914Club Tech" trailer ...
SirAndy
another view, we were right next to the track, near turn 4 at the end of the first straight between turn 3 and turn 4 ...

we had a HUGE section of the paddock, we could have easily fit 100 cars in there.
when it became clear we would not need quite that much space, we happily gave up some space for other people as the paddock was filling up quickly friday night.
the official number was 275 confirmed race cars on saturday ...
SirAndy
all this empty space was initially reserved for us! we asked for a few cones to set up a mini AX course, but they didn't let us ...
rolleyes.gif
SirAndy
very nice 2.0L race car ...

SirAndy
cool sticker ... cool_shades.gif
SirAndy
one more ...
SirAndy
Dave's /6 ... smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
the banner ...

SirAndy
the trailer ...

SirAndy
the lineup on saturday ... smilie_pokal.gif

SirAndy
more ...

SirAndy
more ...

SirAndy
more ...

SirAndy
more ...

SirAndy
some of the drivers ...

SirAndy
string of candy bars ...

SirAndy
artsy ...

SirAndy
buttocks ...

SirAndy
one more of the lineup ...

SirAndy
#8 on track (turn 4), original /6 with m471 option, painted to match the 3 "marathon de la route" cars ...
SirAndy

SirAndy

SirAndy
and this i saved for last. this car puts an end to the debate if there actually ever was such a thing as 9" and 11" factory STEEL flares for the GT ...
smilie_pokal.gif

i present to you, "the proof™":
SirAndy
one more ...

SirAndy
that's it from me ... i know others took a lot of pictures and video as well ...

i'm going to bed now ...
yawn.gif Andy
neo914-6
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 30 2005, 07:10 PM)
we had a HUGE section of the paddock, we could have easily fit 100 cars in there.

the official number was 275 confirmed race cars on saturday ...

idea.gif sounds like it could accomodate a future WCC... smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks again for insuring this happened.
DanT
The Blue #52 is owned by Greg Braun. He has owned that car for 10+ years now. He bought it from my neighbor back then when it was a street car. The orange 6 sitting next to it in the pictures is probably his wife Tricia's car which she bought from Sergio Meza about a year or so ago. It has a very nice 3.2L conversion in it. Very clean car.
They live down in Central Cal now. Near Santa Maria I believe. They have been GGR members for years and TT with us still at least once or so per year. Nice folks.
smile.gif biggrin.gif
Leo Imperial
I just wanted to point out the hard work Andy did in putting this all together. Thanks smilie_pokal.gif
I hope to see this event continue to grow.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 30 2005, 08:44 PM)
The Blue #52 is owned by Greg Braun. The orange 6 sitting next to it in the pictures is probably his wife Tricia's car

yes, Greg it was indeed! very nice fellow. his wife didn't bring her teener, but she showed me pictures of it ...
i hope they'll show up here soon!

the orange street /6 is olav's car. it don't recall the name of the owner of the orange m471 car (sorry, i'm getting old rolleyes.gif ) ...

boldblue.gif Andy
olav

Thanks again Andy for organizing the event it was a lot of fun.

How was the party on Saturday BTW?

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
theol00
thanks Andy - great job!

Ahndy for President! boldblue.gif smilie_flagge6.gif smilie_flagge24.gif smilie_flagge6.gif smilie_flagge24.gif smilie_flagge6.gif
McMark
This event definitely needs to grow. My car will be there next year if we're invited back. There were FAR more Minis than 914s. Of course there were two other events that "stole" a few people. Thanks to Andy, thanks to Brad, and thanks to Victory Lane/Pam for making this happen. I had a great time for the few hours we were able to attend. I even got to help Leo push start his van! True Type IV style (1.8 bus). wink.gif Sorry Leo, I had to say something.
markb
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 30 2005, 08:40 PM)
and this i saved for last. this car puts an end to the debate if there actually ever was such a thing as 9" and 11" factory STEEL flares for the GT ...
smilie_pokal.gif

i present to you, "the proof™":

Wow. They look good with the right sized wheels & tires in there. idea.gif I wonder if I could get the submarine back....... wink.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 30 2005, 07:42 PM)
that's it from me ... i know others took a lot of pictures and video as well ...

i'm going to bed now ...
yawn.gif  Andy

yeah, where's the VL party and tequila pics. Did you offer the Mini club beerchug.gif ?
jimtab
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Oct 30 2005, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 30 2005, 07:42 PM)

i'm going to bed now ...
yawn.gif  Andy

yeah, where's the VL party and tequila pics. Did you offer the Mini club beerchug.gif ?

"MINI WORLD" as we came to call it was a ways away in the paddock, so we didn't see so much of them, our "next door neighbors were the blue 2.0 racer, a 1963 Brabbham BT-8 (won his race, USRRC seniors tour) and his OTHER car a black Lola/bmw...tough huh...he drove in in his street car..a ferrari 456...really nice. On the other side of us was a guy with a Tiga sports racer powered by an sohc 4cyl ford (pinto engine) he did ok tho...and on the other side of the fence were two fiat-abarth cars that never really got running well but they were cool to look at ....think hot-rod fiat 600 topolino....oh and since we lead the parade laps I guess you could say we showed the minis our bootyshake.gif . I will try to post some of my pics tomorrow...tired now.
schweggy
A few more... entry to the corkscrew
schweggy
Hit the apex...
schweggy
Ummm... they were just there
schweggy
Clowns
Elliot_Cannon
Did anyone notice? All nicely framed and IN FOCUS. Nice job Andy.
Cheers, Elliot
Andyrew
Woh, I've never seen andy in anything othe than camo pants....

I guess he dressed up!! wink.gif

Looking sharp !

Nice pics. Did Chris Julian show up? I know he really wanted to come.
billswim
Great pics! Looks like you guys had a great time!
VegasRacer
Next year smilie_flagge24.gif
Jeroen
Thanks Andy for pulling through with this event smilie_pokal.gif
So... what happened during the parade lap?
rick 918-S
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Oct 31 2005, 02:11 AM)
Next year smilie_flagge24.gif

agree.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Oct 31 2005, 04:11 AM)

Yeah, what he said.
scruz914
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 30 2005, 08:05 PM)
.... finished the day with a small party at the trailer ...
for some strange reason, people kept on referring to our little celebration as "rowdy" the next day ... confused24.gif biggrin.gif

The sign of a good party!

Thanks for sharing your photos. Looks like a pretty good turn out. Sorry I missed it - so close to home too.
JohnM
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Oct 31 2005, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Oct 31 2005, 04:11 AM)

Yeah, what he said.

We finished one parade lap and then as we were coming up upon the racing pits the guide car sticks a finger out for what I initially thought meant one more lap but right at that moment a track worker started waving/gesturing etc... so it seemed like she was signaling me to come in. With this then I thought that the guide car by pointing his finger may have been handing me off to the her so I pulled into the racing pit entry. By the look on the track worker's face I could see she realized that she had inadvertently signaled me in, and so she then waved me through the hot pits. So we got to see what the hot pits looked like. I didn't just take it upon myself to take that exit I assure you all that I had some help from that track worker. Anyway it was not communicated how many laps we were going to take, where we would exit, etc.. so I was just following the signals the best I could. The lead 914 with the guy who knew the plan decided at the last moment to take trail position leaving me up in front. Always follow the pace car was some advice a club member gave me later-- but what if a track worker is waving you in? A bit embarrassing but I enjoyed the opportunity to get on the track nonetheless. John
Scott Carlberg
What event was this again???

THANKS for sharing the pics! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.