Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting Heads Machined
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Need to get some info from this BBS for a friend, want to know the best place to get heads machined. I've read in past threads that RIMCO is probably the best, if so do they have a website that one can check out.

Just got back from vacation and unfortunately I didn't take the teener like I wanted to, car wasn't ready but still had a great time. I want to thank DN Hunt for the tip on the San Juan Islands, stayed a the Roche Resort and it was great, thanks much for that tip.. almost 4K in miles covered on this vacation...

I picked up the teener today an man oh man what a difference, its a 76 2.0 D-jet that the had hyd. cam and lifters in it, took them out and went back to the orginal set up, and the car is running like brand new, idles perfect, runs great, starts right up, very very happy with these results.
tat2dphreak
RIMCO

also, headflow masters is supposed to be the SHIZNIT!
DNHunt
Glad to hear you had a good time on your vacation. We've had a very special summer with nice weather. I'm glad you could share in it

Great news about the car running better.

Dave
cgnj
Hi,
Headflow Masters does 48x38, hd single springs, polish and port for 375/head.

I did 44x38, duals, change to 2.0 plug angle, 12mm plugs, polish and port, tapped for barb fitting, match port manifolds, cleared rockers for 911 swivel feet. $1200

Carlos

they are in the mail, pics to follow
anthony
What did you use to start with, 1.8L heads?
URY914
cgnj,

tapped for barb fitting

Is this for a breather hose?

Paul
cgnj
Is this for a breather hose?

That's the plan

What did you use to start with, 1.8L heads

Yes, Saw no need to butch up a set of 2.0 heads.

I'm working on cornering the 2.0 head market, 3 sets on the shelf.

Carlos
Brad Roberts
Carlos.. doing his part to "Save the 2.0 Heads" clap56.gif

375$ is not bad. Headflow masters has been around for at least 15 years that I can think of.

Who runs that place ?? he used to be a big time VW drag racer.

B
cgnj
Hi,

Here's a link. Site is not that impressive. I usually call.

Headflow Masters

Carlos

76 2270 (2weeks =2years on blocks)
76 project
74 (in the back of the van for the trip to the dump)
914werke
I did 44x38, duals, change to 2.0 plug angle, 12mm plugs, polish and port, tapped for barb fitting, match port manifolds, cleared rockers for 911 swivel feet. $1200

Carlos, Will those be applied to a carbed or injected motor?
If inj. will increasing the Valves Dia. impact the tune?
cgnj
Hi,

Will those be applied to a carbed or injected motor?

I will be running 45 Dells.

If inj. will increasing the Valves Dia. impact the tune?

I have no clue. To be honest, I just followed the herd on the valve sizes. If my car had been FI, this project would have gone a different course. I have since aquired a complete 2.0 FI motor. I may play with an aftermarket FI system this winter.

Carlos
Brad Roberts
48X38 is about as big as you can possibly get into the combustion chamber. At that point the valve seats are overlapping each other in the center.

There is a certain point of no return. Our combustion chambers really shroud one side of the intake and one side of the exhaust. As you go bigger on the valves.. they end up even more shrouded. Hopefully Headflow figured this out and cut the "deck" back and unshrouded the valves.

B
Tom Perso
Headflowmasters did Grant's heads. 44x36 I think. Adrian unshrouded the valves to bring the cc volume back up after flycutting the heads.

Adrian asked how much deck height Grant had (2056) and then what C/R he wanted (9.2:1) and he made the cc's to make that work.

Impressive.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.