Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All 2.o's fitted with sway bar?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
I was thinking that the 2.0's came with a sport pkg and all were delivered with swaybars and forged fuchs.
the car I just picked up is a 74 and it has utabs but no hole for the through body swaybar and is supposedly a 2.0l but the engine is displaced(like in florida sor something sad.gif )
What about rear sway bars was this also a factory option or standanrd with the 2.0?

Thanks
seanery
I've had 2 factory 2.0's and neither of them had sways.
Mueller
My old '75 2.0 had no factory swaybar or mounts on the a-arms.

My current '74 2.0 has no factory swaybar, but it does have the brackets on the a-arms.
MarkV
73 2.0 came with the appearance group & F&R swaybars. 74 on everything was optional.
tryan
74. got um. listed as an option. does a whole lotta good with the floor jack holding up one side. wink.gif
fronkensteen1999
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Aug 15 2003, 09:11 AM)
I was thinking that the 2.0's came with a sport pkg and all were delivered with swaybars and forged fuchs.
the car I just picked up is a 74 and it has utabs but no hole for the through body swaybar and is supposedly a 2.0l but the engine is displaced(like in florida sor something sad.gif  )
What about rear sway bars was this also a factory option or standanrd with the 2.0?

Thanks

You should bookmark Dave Darling's 914 FAQ . It has a lot of excellent info about the 914.

Fronken
nebreitling
my 75 2.0 has a front (and rear) swaybar, i don't know if it's stock or not (it's kind of small, so i figure it's stock). oddly, however, i don't believe it came with fuchs (unless a PO replaced fuchs with rivieras barf.gif , highly dubious).
JeffBowlsby
All the 74 LE cars came with 'em...F+R. Stock from the factory. No extra charge.
maf914
My 76 2.0 did not have sway bars, but did have front A-arm brackets for them. I added bars by a company called H&H long time ago, adjustable front and fixed rear.

Mike
echocanyons
Thanks for all of the good info and links!

smilie_flagge6.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.