Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sooo... I'm going to have a BBQ and
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
skline
I might be able to make it Joe if I am welcome. I need to come over there anyway and pick up the Jackstands that Aaron borrowed and left at your house when you were doing the transmission thing.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Nov 17 2005, 05:07 PM)
I might be able to make it Joe if I am welcome. I need to come over there anyway and pick up the Jackstands that Aaron borrowed and left at your house when you were doing the transmission thing.

no. i brought em back over when we were done scott.

when thomas and I came and he needed valve cover gaskets, and we borrowd jackstands?
brought em back that night, put em by your hedges up front and by the garage door
Dr Evil
Wish I could go sad.gif
Mike D.
Hey Joe, "where ya goin with that gun in your hand" - sorry I couldn't help it.

Are you out there?
PM me directions From North
thanks,
Mike D.
brant
Somebody please take a pad of paper and write down all of the info/weights!

have fun!

brant
TonyAKAVW
I hope I can make it. It will be early if I do. We are driving up to Fresno tomorrow...Not sure what time. If I can get Jes out of bed early enough I'll try to get her to come as well. Maybe I'll tell here there will be a pink 914 there happy11.gif

-Tony
JoeSharp
Looks like 15 or so.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Toast
Wanna add SLITS & Toast to the list?
smile.gif
JoeSharp
Update. I have been receiving a ton of PMs about the weigh-in. Meng and is lovely wife Faye are coming all the way Singapore (sp). I'm sure that we will have over 30 people here as I have inveted some friends.
Pete I may have lost a pm from you.
JoeSharp
I frogot this
TINCAN914
It dosen't look like I will be able to make it there. mad.gif Looks like a nice turn out... Sorry Joe....
Allandropped off the rear clip I have been waiting for yesterday. Allan, thanks again man, I appreciate the help, still owe you one. Any chance one of you guy's the live down this way would be willing to pick it up and drop it off down this way?
I don't want Joe tripping over it any longer then necessary...

Let me know.

Thanks..
Mike D.
Not going make it either. Last night we decided to work this weekend. Too many cooks (New Guys with power) in the kitchen. Handed us a bunch of work at 6pm Friday Night! headbang.gif We as a team decided to work the weekend so it will Cost them more $$. Seems like punishing ourselves, but we are 8 hr. min. and time and 1/2 on weekends and should be done in 2 hours. biggrin.gif
Have Fun - Post Results!
-Thanks anyway Joe...
Mike D.
Aaron Cox
sorry to cancel late guys....

school bit me in the ass. gotta get r done.

have fun. take pics.
AA
JoeSharp
2 dozen Dogs and 20 burgers.
We weighed 15 cars.
:PREMAGRIN: Joe
grasshopper
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
lagunero
It was a great time Joe, many thanks! After cornerbalancing the Suburban I was amazed with the improved handling wink.gif
Rotary'14
Hi Joe, THANKS! for having me and the missus over. It's cool to associate some faces to the names/club names. One day I'll have to host a gathering up here in my neck of the woods. wacko.gif

-Rob
bd1308
how bout that scale?
jim_hoyland
Howard came.. and he has a surprise...
jim_hoyland
Someone else will prolly post the picture of Ralphs V-8, Joe, Ralph, and Lou . Good meeting you Ralph
jim_hoyland
Nice orange 914 getting weighed in...
jim_hoyland
The peanut gallery...
jim_hoyland
Someone requested a picture of MAtt on another post, yes he exists. Here is Matt ...
Howard
Linda, Joe, as always, great party. Lightest car, heaviest driver. Did you write down everyone's specs? I'll scan mine if I can figure out how to use that gadget.

Hey, did anyone remember to zero the scales?? rolleyes.gif

Howard
Jim's beautiful car, Joe's beautiful carpentry. Neat set up.
Howard
Look at Joe's professional work. My car came out well. 1965# with full tank. Little heavier on right, but settles in with fat ass driver.
Mrs. K
Howie...you don't have a fat bootyshake.gif

Sorry I couldn't make it...kids sports wub.gif

Lisa cool.gif
JB 914
Sorry i missed it. had to pickup Ma and Pa from the airport and shuttle them around today.
bottomend
Darn! Work ran late and HB is soooo far away that I would've been getting there just as it was winding down. Looks like alot of nice cars were there....

The 914 club totally rocks! You guys must feel lucky to have such a tight group to hang with, huh?
Dad Roberts
Thanks Joe beer.gif . I sure wish I hadn't had to leave so early sad.gif . I really shouda stayed, meet in Riverside was a real bust. Some of my friends showed up but the GTG just wasn't planned very well. Not like yours smilie_pokal.gif .That'll teach me wacko.gif . Anywho.....thanks again, even if my car was the heaviest and probably the most outta balance. Hopefully I will be able to put the info to good use............................Dad................PS....Howard, I will bring my cane next time biggrin.gif .
brant
somebody made a list right?

I sure would love to see a list of weights with a few details (4 vs 6) attatched.

cool pics guys!

brant
JoeSharp
The -6s wieghed about 200# more than the -4s and the v-8 car was anothe 200#.Howard weighed his car with him in it and the cross balance was only off by 11#.
Carerror 2008
Norm 2867 (T-3 with a 455 over the raer wheels)
Beauty 2202
NICE914 1997
Howard 1965
Robert 2038
Jacques 2073
Toni 2029
Nate 2215 Mazada (wheel base is 4" shorter)
Damien 2342 85 Corolla
Robert 2036
berndan 3211 85 Corolla (I think it had a cage)
Jim 2277
Ralph 2418 (V-8 car)
Mark 2107 (-6 conv)
Not sure I got everyone recoreded but everyone that was on the scales has a chart of what the scales said. So if they want to chime in.
olav
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Nov 20 2005, 11:36 AM)
The -6s wieghed about 200# more than the -4s and the v-8 car was anothe 200#.Howard weighed his car with him in it and the cross balance was only off by 11#.
Carerror 2008
Norm 2867 (T-3 with a 455 over the raer wheels)
Beauty 2202
NICE914 1997
Howard 1965
Robert 2038
Jacques 2073
Toni 2029
Nate 2215 Mazada (wheel base is 4" shorter)
Damien 2342 85 Corolla
Robert 2036
berndan 3211 85 Corolla (I think it had a cage)
Jim 2277
Ralph 2418 (V-8 car)
Mark 2107 (-6 conv)
Not sure I got everyone recoreded but everyone that was on the scales has a chart of what the scales said. So if they want to chime in.

Were factory -6 200#'s more or conversion cars post 72 cars 200#'s more?

The factory sixes didn't come with side crash bars in the doors so that is about 100#'s off per car. I think the doors weigh 50#'s more each with the side crash protection.

Is that correct?

Just wondering? confused24.gif
jim_hoyland
Do the '75 weigh more because of all the DOT requirements ?
Howard
No, Jim. It's all the wax and Mother's on your car biggrin.gif
And, I put the cat in the car...
jim_hoyland
Howard; you and Fluffy are getting hexed !!!!
Brando
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Nov 20 2005, 02:41 PM)
Do the '75 weigh more because of all the DOT requirements ?

They weigh more because of the boat-anchors on the front and rear, extra electrical wiring, and the impact-frames inside the doors. So, yes smile.gif
brant
QUOTE (olav @ Nov 20 2005, 01:08 PM)

The factory sixes didn't come with side crash bars in the doors so that is about 100#'s off per car. I think the doors weigh 50#'s more each with the side crash protection.

Is that correct?

Just wondering? confused24.gif

Joe,

thanks for the list awesome!

------------------------------------

Olav,

no way the doors are 50lbs difference early versus late.
the bar inside of them is a formed sheet of steel that weighs about 9lbs.
I'm guessing early versus late doors are probably 30lbs for the pair difference.

brant
Aaron Cox
and a heavier window mechanism brant
JoeSharp
agree.gif I'''m with Brant. The F/G bumpers make more differance than the doors. Howards car and Marks cars both have F/G bumpers and Marks car still is 4 lug.
All of the guy's striped thier cars (spare tire jack and whatever). Beauty has a 45# jack and her spare tire in her trunk. I'll post Carerror's numbers after she has been striped.
Howard
agree.gif
Me too. My car has steel in the doors, but f/g hood and bumpers. I didn't weigh the bumpers, but they can't be more than 10# each. MFG claims weight on hood w/o paint is 8#.

Tank was full, so subtract another 65# or so to get to 'track' config and car comes in under 1900# with full street equip. Now if I could just drop 50# and find another 20hp smile.gif
JoeSharp
Howard: You don't need another 20 HP.
olav
QUOTE (brant @ Nov 20 2005, 07:13 PM)

Is that correct?

Just wondering?  :confused:

Joe,

Olav,

I'm guessing early versus late doors are probably 30lbs for the pair difference.

brant

There's a thread where the early and late doors were weighed and the difference compared.

It's there, whatever the answer.

I'll do a search unless someone beats me to it.

wink.gif
Aaron Cox
MOR PICZ0RZ plz

xitspd
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 20 2005, 08:29 PM)
MOR PICZ0RZ plz

agree.gif
olav
QUOTE (olav @ Nov 20 2005, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (brant @ Nov 20 2005, 07:13 PM)

Is that correct?

Just wondering?  :confused:

Joe,

Olav,

brant

There's a thread where the early and late doors were weighed and the difference compared.

It's there, whatever the answer.

I'll do a search unless someone beats me to it.

wink.gif

Door weight thread

Ok, it's 60lbs difference early vs late doors for the pair.

Early doors: 25lbs. each

Late doors: 60lbs. each

That's still a lot of weight!

Howard
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Nov 20 2005, 08:27 PM)
Howard: You don't need another 20 HP.

Uh, ya coulda lied and said I don't need to lose 50#

OK, more pix. Scott touching himself and Matt with big wood.

JoeSharp
Look, I have both and I'll wiegh them and post the results.
Howard
Jim worrying about Fluffy. Damn cat only likes HIS car.
olav
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Nov 20 2005, 08:40 PM)
Look, I have both and I'll wiegh them and post the results.

Sounds good to me.

smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.