Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sooo... I'm going to have a BBQ and
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JoeSharp
Nov 19th I would like to have a get together. Not to work on cars. Not to cause alighment problems with your cars.
Just to get together and weight the cars....
WTF are you doing the 19 of November. IF you are in Slow Californicate, please come by and enjoy the day with me and anyone that would like to do nothing better than suck up some suds and have a little 'Q.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
We are going to have the scales set up by 10 am and fire up the Q at about 11. I have about 2 cases of Hinie and some assorted beers. We're going to have my Bad Dogs and Burgers so if there is something you like please bring it.

Attendies:

Aaron
Bill
Brian
Clayton
Faye
Howard
Jacques
Jeff
Jim
Linda
Lou
Melba
Meng
Mike
Norm
Olav (maybe)
Ralph
Rob
Robert
Ron
Scott
Thomas
Tony

If you need the address or I've forgotten you please PM me.
Aaron Cox
smile.gif
Brando
If the clutch-change on the '44 is done by then, consider me THERE biggrin.gif
Series9
I'll be there.....

If I'm in town. cool.gif
phantom914
Well Joe, you finally picked a date and it ends up being when I will be in Texas. ohmy.gif

Can I take a raincheck on the use of the scales? I'll even reverse roles and take you out to lunch.

Andrew
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Nov 8 2005, 09:26 PM)
Well Joe, you finally picked a date and it ends up being when I will be in Texas. ohmy.gif

Can I take a raincheck on the use of the scales? I'll even reverse roles and take you out to lunch.

Andrew

nice planning Joe smilie_pokal.gif

laugh.gif
phantom914
tongue.gif
Lou W
Im going to my high school reunion that evening at the Hyatt on Jamboree Rd in Irvine, is that near you?
effutuo101
close enough to stagger back to your hotel rolleyes.gif
JoeSharp
Lou: Its closer than your house.
Aaron: finger.gif
Andrew: Anytime.
Aaron Cox
Joe tongue.gif
Howard
Wouldn't miss it. I'm finawy gonna get weighed at a 914club ewent wacko.gif
Lou W
The hotel is 70 miles from my house, so I'm going to spend the night there. I can stop by on the way, I'll need your address.
effutuo101
LOL! good one! I would just love to be there!
Twystd1
Joe,
If ya need help cooking...

Call Slits. You know how well he cooks.... barf.gif

What ya want me to bring? How about 10lbs "O" steak or sumpin... Just let me know...

Would be an honor to be there... And no Aaron... chowtime.gif More for us...!!!!

Maybe my favorite Polish Warrior woman will come... I'll ask...

Mmmm.. Lets see if we can corner weigh her... Might be interesting... ohmy.gif

Clayton

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Nov 8 2005, 09:52 PM)
Would be an honor to be there... And no Aaron... chowtime.gif  More for us...!!!!

flipa.gif

who? MattR?
JoeSharp
Don't weigh the women just weigh the cars.
Grimstead
How does one say no to a Mr Sharp event? I'm in beerchug.gif
MattR
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 8 2005, 08:55 PM)

who? MattR?

No way, the good lookin' one!

Joe, whats your address? I know how to get there, but for the first timers, can you post it?
SLITS
QUOTE (MattR @ Nov 8 2005, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 8 2005, 08:55 PM)

who? MattR?

No way, the good lookin' one!

Joe, whats your address? I know how to get there, but for the first timers, can you post it?

Oooooooooo, lickin' earrings........

Joe's address is a secret....he's been on the run from the Blue Meanies and The Glove since about '66.....The Stompers just missed him in '67. smoke.gif
bd1308
does the scale tare to zero.

federal law requires all scales to tare to zero. gas pumps are, by law, supposed to tare at zero dollars.

b
bd1308
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Nov 8 2005, 10:52 PM)

b
bottomend
Why do you have a scale big enough to weigh cars? Is it only to weigh 914's? Can other vehicals be weighed too?
Twystd1

Slits is bringing his grocery cart and walker.. he might even bring his cane.....

wink.gif

And Aaron... I'll miss ya buddy.......... Why are you going to Texas? Poontang?

OOOOps... Sorry. I don't want to blow your cover.......

Twystd1
Brando
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Nov 8 2005, 11:27 PM)
And Aaron... I'll miss ya buddy.......... Why are you going to Texas? Poontang?

OOOOps... Sorry. I don't want to blow your cover.......

Twystd1

He's heading south of the border for some short n brown MANGINA.
JoeSharp
I'll be happy to PM my address to anyone that wants come.
The scales can do anything up to 4000#. But I don't think I would put anything bigger than a Vette, becuse I think the Vette has almost 2000# on the front wheels. As I recall Andrew wants to weigh his Probe, and some of the 911 guys also expressed intrest. We'll weigh what ever we can get on the scales.
brant
This is really neat.
I'm sorry I won't be able to come
but I'm anxious to hear the results.

brant
SLITS
QUOTE (bottomend @ Nov 9 2005, 12:09 AM)
Why do you have a scale big enough to weigh cars? Is it only to weigh 914's? Can other vehicals be weighed too?

since he didn't say, I would assume they are corner scales like you have to roll onto after a race..............then again, after buying the trailer, he may have installed a full length scale in his driveway........

And yes Britt.....an electronic set of scales will tare to zero and if you are really that critical, you can carry standard weights with you to check their calibration....... rolleyes.gif
TINCAN914
Joe,

Count me in, food and beer, say no more...
Can you PM me directions?
What can I bring?
Elliot_Cannon
Sorry Joe I can't make it. I'll be in Louiseville Kentucky preparing for my last training event with the Freight Nazis.
Cheers, Elliot
SLITS
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Nov 9 2005, 12:28 PM)
Sorry Joe I can't make it. I'll be in Louiseville Kentucky preparing for my last training event with the Freight Nazis.
Cheers, Elliot

Drop on down and say hi to Britt in Bowiling Green........he'll enjoy the company....you can discuss dual carbs and such
phantom914
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 8 2005, 10:46 PM)
does the scale tare to zero.

federal law requires all scales to tare to zero. gas pumps are, by law, supposed to tare at zero dollars.

b

huh.gif

biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 9 2005, 01:21 PM)
Sorry Joe I can't make it.  I'll be in Louiseville Kentucky preparing for my last training event with the Freight Nazis.
          Cheers,   Elliot

Drop on down and say hi to Britt in Bowiling Green........he'll enjoy the company....you can discuss dual carbs and such

and zeroing of scales... huh.gif
SLITS
I think I'll go smoke a joint, errrrrr, cigarette.... wacko.gif
SharonG
Joe! I wish I could be there since it's the day before my bday! However, Mike and I will be in San Diego for Brad's swap meet the following weekend, so Hopefully rolleyes.gif you will be in San Diego 11/26 to buy me a beer! givemebeer.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 9 2005, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 9 2005, 01:21 PM)
Sorry Joe I can't make it.  I'll be in Louiseville Kentucky preparing for my last training event with the Freight Nazis.
          Cheers,   Elliot

and zeroing of scales... huh.gif

oh and things that can be done with Binding Wire.....

when will you be in?

you should drop into BG...lunch on me wink.gif

b
JoeSharp
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
JoeSharp
icon_bump.gif dead horse.gif
Howard
OK, I should be there. You ever return calls??? rolleyes.gif
Lou W
I'll be there, what do you wantme to bring? smile.gif
JoeSharp
Lou: Thanks, bring munchies.
Robert21
chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif i should be there. free food .

Robert 21
SLITS
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Nov 14 2005, 10:44 PM)
Lou: Thanks, bring munchies.

That'll destroy a good buzz smoke.gif
JoeSharp
icon_bump.gif Please read lead post.
MattR
Is anyone going to crystal cove saturday morning?
bottomend
What time do you guys think you'll go untill? I was planning to come to this "event" but I just got a call to work. I think I'll be done by early afternoon. Will you animals be totally sloshed by then?
SLITS
Remember to zero the scales....manually.......We don't want Britt to have a shitfit and call the Feds.
Twystd1
Matt,
Crystal Cove????

Whazz up wid dat?

I am bout 8 minutes from Crystal Cove... Do you mean the car show at the burger joint?

lemme know, I can go if ya want...

Twystd1
MattR
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Nov 17 2005, 01:08 PM)
Matt,
Crystal Cove????

Whazz up wid dat?

I am bout 8 minutes from Crystal Cove... Do you mean the car show at the burger joint?

lemme know, I can go if ya want...

Twystd1

Yeah, 7am, a bunch of expensive cars meet there every saturday morning in front of starbucks. I have some pics in my blog when I go. I should be there saturday morning. Give me a call if you want to meet up there and oogle at cars we'll never be able to afford.

That goes for anyone that wants to meet there. PM me for my phone number.
bd1308
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 17 2005, 03:00 PM)
Remember to zero the scales....manually.......We don't want Britt to have a shitfit and call the Feds.

I'm just trying to do my job.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.