Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slightly OT: 914 and 911 content
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I brought home The Beast and our new 911 track car "Felix - The Cat's Meow". I just look at The Beast and I can't wait till next year when she's painted and assembled. Then we have to decide to sell her or stuff a motor in her.

The 911 is in pretty good shape. It is LOUD! The previous owner is running chrome tips off of the headers.... laugh.gif The car itself was put together pretty nicely. Front end body work and all rear quarters and butt end are fiberglass GT racing panels. The G50 shifts like it was new. All plastic windows except for the windshield. The interior needs work, so that will be the winter project, getting the interior painted and detailed. And my 16" Diamond Racing Wheels fit over the monster 4 pot calipers already on the car. I don't have to worry about swapping them out.

About the only things wrong other than the interior cosmetics is that there is a small crack in the front windshield and the left rear wheel bearing is TOAST.

On next Monday, the tweaking begins. I am thoroughly happy about my purchase.

Here's a few pics of the toys....

Of course, The Beast goes first....

Bill P.
nine14cats
another Beast shot....
nine14cats
Let's add the pic this time.... laugh.gif
nine14cats
The 911 on the transport...

nine14cats
Uncovered...
nine14cats
driving off the transport....
nine14cats
in the garage...
DanT
Very cool Bill. Congratulations on the new edition to the family Pickering.
See you guys soon. biggrin.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif clap.gif
nine14cats
gratutitous shot 1
nine14cats
shot 2
nine14cats
nine14cats
another...
nine14cats
interior...needs cleaning...
nine14cats
Very cool Bill. Congratulations on the new edition to the family Pickering.
See you guys soon.      

Thanks Dan,

I'm pretty excited....

Bill P.
J P Stein
Bill:
You need a shop....now there's a winter project laugh.gif

Oh, and a taller wing biggrin.gif
nine14cats
Hi JP,

Yep...I need a barn...something that I can stuff all of the cars and trailer into...and still have room.

Just for kicks...I weighed the 315/35/17's A3SO4 rear tire mounted on a Fikse 17x12 rim that's on the car. It weighed 47lbs. The Goodyear 25x13x16 slick mounted on my Diamond Racing wheel 16x12 steel wheel was 51lbs. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. And $600 less per rim!

Bill P.
J P Stein
My 10 X 16 wheel tire combo is a bit smaller.....but you don't wanna know what they weigh. biggrin.gif
ppickerell
SCHWEEEET!

Don't get mad when I blow by you in my 914. I know someone interested in the beast.
Trekkor
Very cool Bill.

I could show up at any moment unsure.gif

Not really...

Thunderhill will be fine.

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Nov 8 2005, 09:07 PM)
driving off the transport....

nice! smilie_pokal.gif

that looks like one schweet car. i'm envious ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
Jeroen
booyaaaahhh!!!
must be nice to have a car that you can just start and drive
smilie_pokal.gif
MJHanna
what engine is in the 911?
nine14cats
The motor inside the 911 is a stock induction 1995 993 3.6 with headers. It's the same exact motor as The Beast. The race series I plan on running has a class for just such a configuration. It should be fun!

Bill P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.