Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: people SUCK!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
elwood-914
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 10 2005, 04:25 PM)

as far as i know, the only one that was lonely was the dog that night....

And you........
markb
QUOTE (Grimstead @ Nov 10 2005, 11:56 AM)
In California small claims will award you direct fees related to the case (filling fees, serving costs, etc...) but won't give you money for time & trouble. The nice thing is once you win the case, you can do all sorts of Evil things to the other party. We just went through the small claims process here a couple of months ago. I even had a mean-ass 6.2'+ board member here serve the papers for us chair.gif .
The case went to court, the other party didn't show up (apparently very few ever do) and we won the case. The only bad thing was my Wife spent allot of time researching and preparing for our case and when we won the other party just sent us a check and my Wife never got to do any of the Evil (legal) things to get our money (she was very bummed about that (we are not the nicest people when crossed)). happy11.gif

Hmmm, can you tell me a bit more about some of the "evil" things? I have a judgement against someone that is quite a few years old now. He moved to Las Vegas from CA, and when he was served about the judgment, had his boss fire him then hire him back "under the table". Now I can't get any cash because he doesn't officially make anything. Of course, I haven't tried in a couple of years, but I expect things haven't changed.
bd1308
QUOTE (elwood-914 @ Nov 10 2005, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 10 2005, 04:25 PM)

as far as i know, the only one that was lonely was the dog that night....

And you........

worked by butt off on thier computer.
GWN7
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 10 2005, 04:04 PM)
everything is taken care of betweeen the bank and myself....the phone number I had was the girl's room-mate, who happened to be her banker as well...I explaned what happened, she said check was good now. confused24.gif

now that I know the branch manager very well, she told me that I should collect this fee for returned checks and under her breath she said overdraft fees....should i collect this? I mean assumably checks are good to cash if written, but is she responsible for me not being able use her money that she gave me and then (in essence) took back?

b

In your first post you said the cheque was canceled.....to me that ment they stopped payment on it. If that is so they can't just tell you it's good. They have to issue you a new cheque. If they didn't have enough funds in their account, then you can retry to cash it. Either way take it to their bank and either get it cashed there or have their bank certify it so you don't have any more problems with your bank.
Jenny
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 10 2005, 04:04 PM)
now that I know the branch manager very well, she told me that I should collect this fee for returned checks and under her breath she said overdraft fees....should i collect this?

YES! YES! YES!!!!

Get yer money! Get the money yer gonna get charged for not having yer money in the first place. Get the money you paid for gas to get to the bank (okay, that might be pushing it a little). But DEFINITELY get your $70, any fees your bank charged you (before you worked out the halfsies deal), and any other fees you accrued due to insufficient funds. That includes stuff outside of your bank. For example: If you bounced a check to your credit card company, you'll get charged from your bank for writing the check, you'll get charged a late fee from your cc company, and also a finance charge for not paying your balance off by the due date.

Jen
bd1308
okay....I dun think she's gonna like paying this...it's like 170 now, not including the check she got cashed. If I do this, i'd need a professional's help. Gordon, can you please PM me your number....maybe we can write her a letter or something. I personally think this is BS...Jen, your absolutely right...If "I" wrote a check and it bounced, I'd be screwed......no reason why I should have to wait and see and hope and pray for her check to go through. and then I have to pay for her messup, five days after the check was desposited? Nuh uh.

b
TimT
Do want to be a doormat all your life?

....I dun think she's gonna like paying this...it's like 170 now,

sheesh...

and institute a $75 service call fee.... they pay that just to get you to come to there house... if they dont have cash, and you cant directly accept creit card billing.. use PayPal... get money in pocket first..
bd1308
thanks guys.

honestly, I have never had this happen to me, so I didn't know whether or not it was my fault for spending the money or her fault for not having the money.

I'll get something taken care of. I think restitution is in order though....especially because I made the deposit on 10-31 and it was pulled 11-7....so I actually had that 70 dollars till 11-7.

it's a big mess, thanks for helpin' me out though.

b wacko.gif
DblDog
...the best one...tell her you'll uninstall the virus that you installed...for $100!...If she called you, she is low on the computer skills chart anyway...how would she know?...as you're leaving, tell her you will fix it from your computer... flipa.gif
Cano
Britt, you got a PM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.