Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What should be attached to this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Buckeye '73
This is the passenger speaker.

Is the blue thing in the bottom of the picture a ground?

What was originally hooked up to it?

Thanks,
Bryce
Aaron Cox
not stock. someone tried to use it as a ground it appears
bondo
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 10 2005, 06:25 PM)
not stock. someone tried to use it as a ground it appears

Yup.. bad choice too. blink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Some DPO used the speaker box screw as a ground for some unknown electrical device. Poor choice of a ground point, el cheapo amateur connector, poorly crimped; a good sign that there may be more problems under the dash. The Cap'n
Buckeye '73
a good sign that there may be more problems under the dash. The Cap'n

Uh... Yeah....

No turn signals or horn...

Apparently there was some re-wiring done. (Note the new bus fuses in this picture.) (Also, the stupid SO% didn't have the sense to replace the fuse cover.... I spend 5 mins picking up fuses every morning...)
Hammy
For the horn, slowly twist off the rubber horn pad and check the wire in there, your horn ground might be disconnected somehow. Mine was.
jd74914
if the spring on the horn connection was pushed out of the way it won't work. BTW, i've only seen that happen on cars which someone messed with the steering wheel dry.gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (Buckeye '73 @ Nov 10 2005, 06:35 PM)
a good sign that there may be more problems under the dash. The Cap'n

Uh... Yeah....

No turn signals or horn...

Apparently there was some re-wiring done. (Note the new bus fuses in this picture.) (Also, the stupid SO% didn't have the sense to replace the fuse cover.... I spend 5 mins picking up fuses every morning...)

Check resources, parts and products for some great after-market fuse blocks.
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.