Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cluster guages
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
banksyinoz
lookin through my spares and noticed that my cluster guages are diffrent dry.gif one seems fairly plain and the other seems a whole lot more interesting, also found that i have some of the consol guages smile.gif
so whats the diffrence guys should i use the more detailing guage thats in worse condition or not
banksyinoz
the boring one but in better order
banksyinoz
the consol guages
lapuwali
For the 914, there are three: the top one is a 914/6 gauge. The second is a /4 gauge w/o the temp gauge, and the last is similar, but has a temp gauge where the brake light goes on top. The temp gauge has slightly different markings than the /6 gauge.

The combo gauge is really just a housing that holds some idiot lights and two gauge modules. You can fit any module from any 911/912/914 gauge in there, including oil pressure or oil temp from a 911, oil temp from a 914/6, oil temp from a 914/4, or fuel level from a 914.

Aaron Cox
to elaborate further

914/6 combo - fuel and temp. Temp has a warning light in it. Silver center gauge.
914/4 combo - fuel and temp. No warning light for temp. Silver Center Gauge Pre 74
914/4 stock - fuel and brake warning. silver center in gauge pre 74
914/4 stock - fuel and brake warning. no silver center un gauge 74+
914/4 combo - fuel and temp. No warning light for temp. non Silver Center Gauge 74+
Aaron Cox
oh, and the extra dummy light is for the rare sportomatic transmission temperature warning
dmenche914
You 914/6 gage is valuable to anyone doing a 6 restoration or authintic looking conversion. I have the 914/4 combo gage, it looks about the same, but with different idot light markings/functions.

You might be ablle to sell it off for a price that will allow you to buy a 914/4 gage, and have some change left over.

I will be adding my combo gage to my car in the future. This will free up a space in my center counsol for a cylinder head temp gage in place of the oil temp gage.

fiid
hijacked.gif Anyone know what the guage sizes are?

Thanks in advance.
banksyinoz
the combos are 100mm, the smaller are aprox 50mm if thats the info your after

thanks guys for the info on what models the guages are from its appreciated beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.