Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Minilite wheel bolts and washers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhcb914
Can anyone tell me where I can get a set of wheel bolts and washers for an old set of Minilites? I tried Main Street Motor Sports and they told me that the bolts and washers are no longer available. I am only missing 2 wheel bolts and a thick and thin washer. Does anyone have 2 of these in their garage that they are willing to part with?

Here is a picture of the bolts.

rhcb914
This is a picture of the bolt hole.
GaroldShaffer
Try paulspruell.com or Racing Stuff.com they both advertise in the SCCA magazine Sportscar that they sell panasport rims, I'm not sure but I think the bolts are the same style confused24.gif

I just put my minilites on the car, the PO of the rims (Hi Van wavey.gif ) had them drilled to match the style of the regular 914 wheel bolts. They are a little different but in a pinch I could use the regular 914 bolts.

rhcb914
I'll try those 2 places. I guess my other option would be to have the bolt holes machined to accept the 914 wheel bolts. Does anyone know of a place in the Boston area where I could get this done?

-Rob
r_towle
hey,

try len over at autosport engineering in stow.
or try shine racing in walpole.

Or in a pinch little foreign car garage (watertown) the owner races 914's (go there to see some old and cool ferraris. Get your car corner balanced and aligned there too...one of the few in the area that will touch a 914

Or KTR in Ayer (same as above, but more eye candy...bring Greg and get the VIP tour.

Or....millis used auto (owner is an ex 914 scca racer...now he races custom open wheeled jobs..)

spare time toys
I got these that may work for you. It has a stud you screw in and then the unt. I only have 8 of them though.
maf914
Revolution Wheels use a similar bolt with a thick flat washer. If your leads for Minilite bolts don't work out, you might call Revolution and ask them. Both brands are British so there may be some similarity.
rhcb914
Hmm those may actually work. What is the OD of the shank? The ones I have are .620.
URY914
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Nov 14 2005, 08:38 PM)
I got these that may work for you. It has a stud you screw in and then the unt. I only have 8 of them though.

Those things are crap. Can't put any torque on them or they'll trist right off.

I've done two pretty easliy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.