Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: changin out venturis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
D0ctorg00se
Ok so im changing my 36mm venturis for 32mm venturis on my set of EMPI HPMX 44's. Thing is i've never done this before and was looking for advice/guidance on doing so. Anyone changed theirs out that could give me some help?
Joe Ricard
Piece f cake on my Webers. take apart carbs, pull ventri and put back together. no worse than standard rebuild.
lapuwali
I've never even seen a pair of the EMPIs, but if they really are Weber clones, then you have to remove the top plate, then remove the secondary venturies (the small tubes hanging in the throats, which just pull out), then there are two pinch bolts on the side of the body (opposite side from the mixture screws), which hold the main venturies in place. Loosen those, and the venturies pull out. Their size should be stamped on them. Reassemble and you're ready to go.

MattR
If you're doing this with the carbs on the car, make sure the butterflys are closed and keep a paper towel stuffed in the throat as long as you can.

Also, now would be a good time to check float levels and blast out some jets. Its a good thing to do while you're in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.