Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pink 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jes
hehe I cant believe I am actually posting here! Pi, you finally got me in the 914 club! You know whats next, right???
My pink 914!!! av-943.gif
J
dlo914
got a younger sister, you'd care to introduce me to? wink.gif biggrin.gif unsure.gif
dlo914
sadly, i think i'm gonna be leaving the 914 scene in a few months. But i'll still post smile.gif
Jes
haha, I may have a twin sister somewhere???
rolleyes.gif
J
Rusty
There was a factory pink 914 that popped up on the radar a while back.

It fell victim to a sawzall party. There were several people very angry when that happened.

-Rusty smoke.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Nov 17 2005, 05:15 AM)
sadly, i think i'm gonna be leaving the 914 scene in a few months. But i'll still post smile.gif

WHAT..... say it aint so sad.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Nov 17 2005, 05:05 AM)

It fell victim to a sawzall party.  There were several people very angry when that happened.

-Rusty  :toke:

here we go again. hide.gif

I have a pink 914. Its not anything special, ejm and I had a talk about these cars.

Pink wasnt a color choice, so the owner merely just got the car ordered in pink.

Its still complete, except for the front trunk area. Its a 73. The longs are shot, i have a piece of 2x4 with 2 jacks on either side holding the car up. otherwise, it wants to sag.

b
Trekkor
piggy...
rick 918-S
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 17 2005, 06:22 AM)
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Nov 17 2005, 05:05 AM)

It fell victim to a sawzall party.  There were several people very angry when that happened.

-Rusty  :toke:

here we go again. hide.gif

I have a pink 914. Its not anything special, ejm and I had a talk about these cars.

Pink wasnt a color choice, so the owner merely just got the car ordered in pink.

Its still complete, except for the front trunk area. Its a 73. The longs are shot, i have a piece of 2x4 with 2 jacks on either side holding the car up. otherwise, it wants to sag.

b

Ya, I caused some &hit over that. dry.gif But I'm past that now. screwy.gif Britt, your car looks great. aktion035.gif driving.gif Sorry I missed meeting you at the FFC.

And welcome to the nut house Jes! wavey.gif Paint your car any color you want just drive the wheels off it! mueba.gif driving-girl.gif
Bleyseng
Yep, they made pink 914's for the ladies I guess. I have a spare tranny out of one that an old lady had since new. She got T boned and it was totalled but I got the tranny out of it (low mile 35k).

I also heard they shipped a order of 10 pink 914's to Hawaii in the 70's
jr91472
welcome

wavey.gif
Root_Werks
Welcome Jes wavey.gif
Allan
wavey.gif Welcome...
davep
We were never able to establish the actual code (VW or Porsche) that was used. What we need is a sample of the color to try to match. One good piece is the bolted on cowl strut.
Dead Air
Well come on over here and hug me
Baby I'll spill the facts
Well honey it ain't your money
'Cause baby I got plenty of that
I love you for your pink 914
Honey I just wonder what you do there in back
Of your pink 914
Pink 914

Honey I just wonder what it feels like in the back
Of your pink 914
Now some folks say it's too small
And uses too much (argon) gas
Some folks say it's too old
And that it goes too fast
But my love is bigger than a 3.2
It's bigger than a Subaru (conversion)
Hey man there's only one thing
And one car that will do
Anyway we don't have to drive it
Honey we can park it up on jack stands
And have a party in your pink 914

TonyAKAVW
I guess we can never have too many 914s biggrin.gif

Or maybe that means when the subaru conversion is done, the yellow car will get painted pink???

(Jes on the skidpad at the WCC)

-Tony
Jenny
Welcome Jes,

Ah, the ever elusive pink 914. I, too, will eventually have one. Right after I finish with the silver one, then get another signal orange one, and of course there's the blue-ish silver color that I can't remember the name of. rolleyes.gif You know, the one Perry K. has. drooley.gif Then the pink one after that. Somewhere between the silver and pink 914, I need to win the lottery. dry.gif

Jen
Mueller
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Nov 17 2005, 08:13 AM)
Yep, they made pink 914's for the ladies I guess.

until I got my 1st 914, I thought all of them should be pink due to me thinking the 914 was a chicks car biggrin.gif

oh yea, welcome to the club....

Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Jes @ Nov 17 2005, 03:12 AM)
hehe I cant believe I am actually posting here! Pi, you finally got me in the 914 club! You know whats next, right???
My pink 914!!! av-943.gif
J

Pink???

cool.gif

huh.gif

grouphug.gif

happy11.gif

I love pink.

lagunero
QUOTE (TonyAKAVW @ Nov 17 2005, 08:28 AM)

that means when the subaru conversion is done, the car will get painted pink

Yup.
McMark
I think a pink 914 would go over well in Redondo Beach. I have some friends that live there.
Jes
hehe I was just going to post that!!!!

that means when the subaru conversion is done, the car will get painted pink[COLOR=red]

That is right honey!!! lol2.gif
SLITS
They would prolly go over like hotcakes in SF & Corona too!

BTW, what was that color Aaron was going to have his car painted?
TonyAKAVW
that means when the subaru conversion is done, the car will get painted pink

dry.gif

Jes
half silver and half pink ?? rolleyes.gif
McMark
Pinkish silver. wink.gif
Andyrew
Pink magnetic racing stripes....

oh hecks yes.
Jenny
QUOTE (McMark @ Nov 17 2005, 03:14 PM)
Pinkish silver. wink.gif

Like a Salmon. splat.gif

Jen
Speedster07
or Silverish Pink

Welcome to our madness. biggrin.gif
GTeener
idea.gif opalescent or iridescent pink

Schweet smile.gif
bondo
Haha, sounds like you need to comprmise on metallic purple! biggrin.gif (shameless plug for the purple roller I'm going to be selling soon)

Hi Jes!
SLITS
Oh Gawd, it's a case of the Rainbow Warrior disease and it seems to be spreading.....Someone must alert the CDC and WHO.
Jenny
QUOTE (bondo @ Nov 17 2005, 04:21 PM)
Haha, sounds like you need to comprmise on metallic purple! biggrin.gif (shameless plug for the purple roller I'm going to be selling soon)

Hi Jes!

(purple) Aubergine. (purple)

Jen
GTeener
idea.gif
GTeener
blink.gif
GTeener
wacko.gif
Jes
That is exactly the color I like smile.gif Bright Pink!
Hi Royce!
Pi are you worried I am painting the silver car pink?? biggrin.gif
ahh Christmas is coming av-943.gif
flesburg
Welcome to the club.

Do not pay too much attention to some of the comments you will get.

I think it is fabulous that there are women that like 914's....most (like my wife) do not...

I have an acquaintance with a 914-6 from Virginia (or Maryland) (Potomac region PCA) that 20 years ago had his car repainted. He wanted it original, but could not read the codes, and did not know what color it was. The body shop questioned him, but he said "I want it original".

When he picked it up, it was pink. The german translation was "light red".

All true, I swear, so......there was a factory color in 69 or 70 called light red, but it looked like it had been ordered by one of those cosmetics salesladies that all drive pink caddies.

KEEP THE ORIGINAL COLOR....it is very different, and a factory color.
bondo
Tee hee. biggrin.gif
SLITS
Ok, does this mean we are going to have to put up lacy curtains, house plants and pink fuzzy covers on the toilet in the garage?

Remember to leave the seat down.
Oliver
Pink yea ....
mueba.gif
Jes
u'D BETTER BE KIDDING!

finger.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (Speedster07 @ Nov 17 2005, 04:09 PM)
or Silverish Pink

Welcome to our madness.  :D

Oooooh, silverish pink, like when the roast beef slices get old...... happy11.gif

I think that in '73 or '74 Playboy magazine had some pink porsches (914 and 911) done up for the 12 girls on the calender....unless this is only a drug induced false memory of......Jes, paint it what ever the hell you want......Zambezi is nice though..... biggrin.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Jes @ Nov 17 2005, 06:35 PM)
u'D BETTER BE KIDDING!

finger.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I've always been partial to deep pearlescent white. smilie_pokal.gif
Rusty
Britt,

I PMd you in reference to your original, unedited posting.

Have a nice day.

-Lawrence
SharonG
QUOTE (GTeener @ Nov 17 2005, 06:19 PM)
idea.gif opalescent or iridescent pink  

Schweet smile.gif

Scrumptulescent pink. Jes, you should have a pink 914 if you want one - I'm sure your husband agrees since I've no doubt your happiness is at the top of his list of "things most important!"

QUOTE (Jenny @ Nov 17 2005, 06:26 PM)
(purple) Aubergine. (purple)

Jen

Thank you Jen! Actually, I think I'm going to tell my hubby I want my 914 to be beautiful auburginesque-pink... or maybe a nice delphi green with pink and aubergine flowers with tangerine centers... biggrin.gif (maybe I'll just be happy with zambezi green wink.gif )
phantom914
Well Tony, it looks like it won't be so hard to talk Jes into that TT engine swap after all...........

Andrew
bondo
Is the Zimmer going to be pink too? biggrin.gif
Brando
Welcome aboard, Jes biggrin.gif Was curious how long until the 914 bug would bite you. So are you going to use that audi as a engine/trans donor? laugh.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (bondo @ Nov 17 2005, 04:42 PM)
Tee hee. biggrin.gif

clap.gif I dare ya happy11.gif

Don't be afraid of the pink boys smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.