Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: St. Louis area impromptu?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ninefourteener
Joes Crab Shack sounds good to me.....

Anyone figured out a firm TIME yet

Also, How many 914s are gonna be there???
dennisc
So--which one are we going to? Chesterfield or St Peters? I can't find any I-40 on my map. Found Chesterfield on map but right now I wouldn't have any idea where to go.
SpecialK
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Nov 28 2005, 07:08 PM)
Joes Crab Shack sounds good to me.....

Anyone figured out a firm TIME yet

Also, How many 914s are gonna be there???

I figured on 7pm mainly to lessen the chance of people getting stuck in the bullshit traffic on I-40 and I-270. It can literally be a parking lot headbang.gif any time before 6:30pm....especially on Friday for some reason. So unless there's objections to the time, we'll figure on meeting there at 7.

I'm not sure who all will be driving 914's. Mine are still down, but I know for sure that Shelby (and maybe Randy [VERY nice green 914]), Gary and Dave all have fine examples of German engineering they might be goaded into driving there. smiley_notworthy.gif

I hope they do bring them....I need the inspiration!! smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif headbang.gif
dennisc
Sorry--I missed the map link. I'm good to go. Count on two people.
SpecialK
QUOTE (dennisc @ Nov 28 2005, 07:20 PM)
So--which one are we going to? Chesterfield or St Peters? I can't find any I-40 on my map. Found Chesterfield on map but right now I wouldn't have any idea where to go.

Chesterfield is the one to go to Dennis.

Just ran a map.....Dennis!! You da man! aktion035.gif It's about 2 hrs. drive from where you're at.

When you get to #10 on the driving directions (Boone's Crossing exit), you're there (see the "Joe's Crab Shack" link up the page for a more detailed map).

Marshall to Chesterfield Driving Directions
SpecialK
Cool Dennis!! smilie_pokal.gif Head count revised!

12, maybe 14 so far!
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (dennisc @ Nov 28 2005, 05:23 PM)
Sorry--I missed the map link. I'm good to go. Count on two people.

Yea! clap.gif
IronHillRestorations
We will have 6, four adults, 6 yr old and 4 yr old (reasonably well behaved that is biggrin.gif )
SpecialK
Alrightythen! We've got 16 - 18 adults, and 3 minors. I'll call them and see what I can do about reserving a section for us!!
hi ho silber
I haven't heard from Rich.

I'm not sure if he's in town yet.

I'm two or three depending on if we bring the teener or not cool_shades.gif

STL914
Sorry Kevin, my 72 is currently in hibernation at my son's place until I take it down to Shelby for it's transformation.

My wife and I will be coming in our secondary mode of transportation, a silver 2004 Sante Fe.

SpecialK
QUOTE (STL914 @ Nov 28 2005, 08:17 PM)
Sorry Kevin, my 72 is currently in hibernation at my son's place until I take it down to Shelby for it's transformation.

My wife and I will be coming in our secondary mode of transportation, a silver 2004 Sante Fe.

Bummer Gary, I can relate. I've seen Shelby's work up close, you won't be disappointed!! biggrin.gif

Did you catch her flamed hot rod in the sandbox? shweeet!!!
ninefourteener
I'll be there.... in the teener..... unless its raining or snowing, at 7pm.

Better believe I'm checking back here before I leave though..... the last STL 914 meeting was only 2 people... including myself, and only 1 car, including mine.

My wife will be pulling in about 1/2 hour later..... in her hot-rodded, bad ass, 1600 horsepower, 2000 chevy cavalier....... maybe she'll clean out the car so we can see the floors again--LOL
SpecialK
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Nov 28 2005, 08:24 PM)
I'll be there.... in the teener..... unless its raining or snowing, at 7pm.

Better believe I'm checking back here before I leave though..... the last STL 914 meeting was only 2 people... including myself, and only 1 car, including mine.

My wife will be pulling in about 1/2 hour later..... in her hot-rodded, bad ass, 1600 horsepower, 2000 chevy cavalier....... maybe she'll clean out the car so we can see the floors again--LOL

Yeah, I remember the "get-together" Matt wink.gif , at least I got to see a real live running 914!

I called Joe's, they don't take reservations at that particular restuarant, but they're aware that we're coming, and told me to call ahead to give them a chance to make room for us....she said there might be a little wait, but assured me it wouldn't be long.......and "the checks in the mail, and I won't cu...... wink.gif "
IronHillRestorations
Add two more adults, we've got more inlaws coming with. Don't worry it won't be any of those "Chrismas Vacation" kind of inlaws! laugh.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (9146986 @ Nov 30 2005, 07:38 AM)
..... Don't worry it won't be any of those "Chrismas Vacation" kind of inlaws! laugh.gif

Suuuure! rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

So it's 18 - 20 adults (depending on Randy and his wife), and three non-adults. I gotta keep it straight so I know how many to warn...umm...tell them is coming. Friday's weather is looking unprecipatory (if that's a word), so bring them thar poorshee's guys (and gal)!
flatout
Kevin, we'll be there for sure. Randy will let me know thursday. I think I am going to leave here early friday, and make a day of it in the big city. I will pm you my cell number just in case things change during the day friday, so we're not there by ourselves smile.gif
STL914
Kevin,

I just received an e-mail from a John in Brentwood. He tells me he just bought a 75 last week and wants to meet other 914 owners. I told him about the dinner tomorrow and asked if he'd be able to join us. I'll let you know if he replies and intends to come.

I certainly hope Joe's has enough room for us!

Anyone wearing 914club apparel tomorrow? Anyone bringing Porsche related pictures?
SpecialK
QUOTE (STL914 @ Dec 1 2005, 07:39 PM)
Kevin,

I just received an e-mail from a John in Brentwood. He tells me he just bought a 75 last week and wants to meet other 914 owners. I told him about the dinner tomorrow and asked if he'd be able to join us. I'll let you know if he replies and intends to come.

I certainly hope Joe's has enough room for us!

Anyone wearing 914club apparel tomorrow? Anyone bringing Porsche related pictures?

Tell John "Hell yes he can join us!" The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned! I'll call them tomorrow when I get home and tell them to expect around 20.

I'll be wearing my 2004 FFC shirt (and a warm coat). I don't have any good 914 pics to bring, but I hope to take quite a few [hint, hint]!
ninefourteener
My wife and I will be wearing our "Got 914" T-Shirts.

With my digital camera

... And my 914.

I know its cold, and the heaters suck in our blessed little cars.... but c'mon..... its only one night!!!!
flatout
We're on our way. Kevin you have my cell, call if anything changes. smile.gif
hi ho silber
914 sighting!
I-270 West bound from Troy IL!

Oh wait that's me boldblue.gif

On my way piratenanner.gif
SpecialK
Callin' in the alert to Joe's.

FYI - (which won't do you much good if you've already left unless you're wireless), my wife's cel is: 314-306-7596 if anyone has problems, or gets lost.

See ya there!! beerchug.gif
STL914
Let me be the first to say what a great time we had tonight at Joe's. My wife Cyndi and I met some new friends and enjoyed the chance to talk to you all.

Thanks to Kevin for arranging the evening with Joe's smilie_pokal.gif

Looking forward to the next get together.

flatout
Great people,great conversation,and great food.Can't ask for much more than that!!! biggrin.gif It was sooo nice to meet everone I hadn't met before.We will definitely have to do it again!!Ditto on the thanks to Kevin smilie_pokal.gif
ninefourteener
Please allow me to "third" that as well. My wife was TERRIFIED to go to a "car" event... but she had a great time meeting everyone.... so did I.

And I might as well be the first to say it... cause I KNOW it's gonna be brought up....... YES.... I locked my keys in the car...... in the ignition, and had to call a locksmith.

Nevertheless, we waited at Shake + Steak for about 30 minutes, the locksmith showed up, and popped open the teener with no problem, and we went on our merry way

Go ahead... blast away.... what kind of a dumbass locks his keys in the 914....... at his first 914 event??? LOL

Anyway.... lets see some of those pics!!!!!

Thanks again everyone!!! Had a blast!!!

Matt
SpecialK
Glad you got your car unlocked Matt, I really felt bad about that....it was really my fault....kinda, sorta wink.gif biggrin.gif

Well the Air Force came through! Dave and Matt brought their 914's, and Shelby brought one of her beauties [VERY sweet tail-dragger] aktion035.gif

Met some really great people tonight, and I look forward to seein' ya'll again before too long! Perry mentioned something about getting together down in TN driving.gif ....sounds like a plan!

Well, my camera batteries are dead dry.gif , and I'm dead tired, so I'll have to post the pics I got tomorrow when both of our batteries are recharged.

Matt- I'll PM you about the heater blower, would have come in handy tonight for sure!
hi ho silber
Had a great time! Thank you all for showing up smile.gif
I didn't take many but here's my first of Matt's ride
STL914
Matt,

Don't feel to bad about locking your keys in your car, it's happened to all of us. I did the same thing years ago;
keys in the ignition, radio blasting, motor running! A
co-worker brought it to my attention about a half hour
later.
hi ho silber
Oops wrong picture smash.gif

This ones better! This is Matt's car and:

Shelby not hearing, Perry not seeing, and Kevin not speaking of the evil headbang.gif key incident.
hi ho silber
Matt,
At least you had a warm place to wait!
We got home and my son had locked the door from the garage to the house ar15.gif

It took us twenty minutes in the cold to wake his teenage butt up smash.gif

Guess it's time to put a house key on that key chain.

So how did the locksmith break in?
SpecialK
I thought I had more than I did..(too busy bullshitting).

From left to right:

My wife Vicki, Dave's wife Kim, Dave (standing up), Matt and his wife Sherry (hope I spelled it right).
SpecialK
Buddy (Shelby's father), Shelby, and Perry.
SpecialK
Nice pic of Matt's green machine (securely locked to prevent theft wink.gif )
SpecialK
Dave's beautiful silver car. wub.gif
SpecialK
And Shelby's slant-nose tail-dragger drooley.gif .

She'd have to give you the specifics on it.
dennisc
Good to see old friends and meet new friends. Linda and I had a great time. We wish the weather was better so we could look at the cars but maybe next time. Some ot the happy campers!
dennisc
More
dennisc
More
dennisc
More
dennisc
More
dennisc
Last
SpecialK
Jeezus!! I need to "Put the chicken wing down, and step away from the buffet!" chowtime.gif

Gotta get my ass back down to 200! sad.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Dec 3 2005, 11:51 AM)
I thought I had more than I did..(too busy bullshitting).

From left to right:

My wife Vicki, Dave's wife Kim, Dave (standing up), Matt and his wife Sherry (hope I spelled it right).

Actually...... my wife's name is Janet, not Sherry---LOL

You owe her a beer now biggrin.gif

In response to the "method" the locksmith used..... just a long, stiff wire through the passenger side upper-rear door jam, pulled on the door lock, came right open.

For the 3 pranksters that took pics of my car..... bite me--LOL

And thanks for the close up with the cigarrette..... as if I could feel any worse---LOL

Thanks all!! Had a great time!
--Matt
SpecialK
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Dec 4 2005, 02:18 PM)
[QUOTE=Buzzard1,Dec 3 2005, 11:51 AM] I thought I had more than I did..(too busy bullshitting).

From left to right:

...... my wife's name is Janet, not Sherry---LOL

You owe her a beer now biggrin.gif

CRAP! slap.gif Janet, sorry about that!! Definitely owe you a beverage of your choice!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.