Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: St. Louis area impromptu?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
IronHillRestorations
We are going to be in the west St. Louis area the 30th through the 3rd. Just wondering if anyone would want to get together on maybe the evening of 12/1?
914werke
Im also planning on being "round there" on or about that time frame. Actually Scott AFB confused24.gif
STL914
Perry,

Where abouts in West St. Louis? Who is this "we" you speak of, you and spouse?

Would possibly be interested in a dinner at a local
eating establishment.
flatout
Depending on the weather and the actual evening you want to have a get together,I could make it. smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
The "we" is my wife, two kids, and my wife's parents. We are going to visit my wife's brother and his wife, who live in Troy, MO. I was thinking Thursday night, but maybe Friday if more could come?

What about Dave Monk? Kevin Jung?
SpecialK
Tell me when and where. I'm about 30 miles southwest of downtown St. Louis, love to get together for diner, drinks, whatever... beerchug.gif

-Kevin

P.S. - If you're into the best prime rib you've ever had, I know the place (in the St. Louis area).

-Kevin
spare time toys
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Nov 17 2005, 11:09 PM)
P.S. - If you're into the best prime rib you've ever had, I know the place (in the St. Louis area).

-Kevin

Do tell. I love prime rib drooley.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Nov 18 2005, 07:07 AM)
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Nov 17 2005, 11:09 PM)

-Kevin

Do tell. I love prime rib drooley.gif

The place is called Kreis', and prime rib is their specialty.....mmmmmm! chowtime.gif
dennisc
Perry
Wonder Woman and I are trying to work this out. We would love to see you and your lovely wife.
hi ho silber
I'm in!

Perry how long ya gonna to be in town?

Kevin are you the planning committee? biggrin.gif

I'll work on Matt Loomis, he's never been anywhere with more than two teeners driving.gif

I'll be packin as long as the precip is staying away!

rdauenhauer what's going on at Scott? How long will you be there for? Matt and I are there everyday flag.gif

Cheer!
914werke
My co is talking over Family housing on base.
Our opperations go live on 12/1 so Ill be flying in that week to assit in the transition. Were demo'ing and rebuilding all the housing on base.
Military (housing) Privatization.
Weve got about 6 bases so far and 4 more come on line before Feb wacko.gif
I hate airplanes headbang.gif
So ...I usually dont find time to look up members but my trainer (whos traveling w/me) family is there so Ill be solo for an eve or two. smile.gif
link
flatout
Sounds like it will be fun.I have already met Dave and Kevin,would be nice to meet some more 914 club members. smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (dennisc @ Nov 18 2005, 03:43 PM)
Perry
Wonder Woman and I are trying to work this out. We would love to see you and your lovely wife.

That would be too cool!
hi ho silber
Rich,
So your the guy smash.gif
Just kidding!

Why do you hate airplanes?? Are you taking a bus out here biggrin.gif

Can you clarify "demo'ing and rebuilding all the houses on base"? Those of us who are tax payers want to know!

I do understand you're demolishing several areas that have been condemed and uninhabited for awhile, then rebuilding.

I also understand your company will manage the remaining homes and through many years and stages remodel or rebuild.

I've spent twenty years in the Air Force and have never lived "on base". Many folks are just the opposite and this is a big adjustment for them!

Sorry for the non 914 crap!! Just felt like a rant was in order!

Rich as we get closer to your arrival please drop me a PM with some contact info!

Later
SpecialK
Great to see you posting Dave (say wavey.gif to Kim for us).

I was trying to think of something, restaurant-wise, kind of central to everyone....something along Hwy 40, maybe around Chesterfield Commons, lots of new restuarants went in there in the last couple of years, but I'm open for suggestions....Gary (STL914), got any ideas?

When it gets to the week of your visit Perry, we'll have something nailed down with maps on how to get there from Troy, MO.

Unfortunately Shelby, and her friends will have a pretty good haul, but we'll definitely have to get some people together this spring for another go at those crazy roads down in your neck-of-the-woods. driving.gif

-Kevin (and Vicki)

...And Dave, don't worry about the "no 914 content rant", there wasn't any 914 content to start out with. happy11.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif
IronHillRestorations
I think we can have it on Thursday or Friday, if it makes it any easier for anyone. Chesterfield Commons is a good area. Maybe we can get a head count by Tuesday or so, and get reservations.

PK
914werke
err .. commercial jetliner travel ohmy.gif
Living in PACNW I fly a lot and it sucks.
Not only the security buffoonery but it never fails that If I fly .. I get a cold headbang.gif
I am no sure what the actual phasing plan is for Scott, as the CIO its not really my focus.
Oh and btw ...I pay taxes too and although ive never served (but im a AF brat) some of the stuff Ive seen on these deals makes my blood boil. screwy.gif
SpecialK
Friday might be better. That way Rich can get settled in.
STL914
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Nov 19 2005, 07:27 AM)
I was trying to think of something, restaurant-wise, kind of central to everyone....something along Hwy 40, maybe around Chesterfield Commons, lots of new restuarants went in there in the last couple of years, but I'm open for suggestions....Gary (STL914), got any ideas?

Kevin,

By Chesterfield Commons, are you referring to the shopping mall built in Chesterfielf Valley south of Hwy 40 east of the airport?

There are quite a few places to eat in the area, from Applebee's, Red Lobster, LongHorn Steakhouse, O'Charley's, Olive Garden plus quite a few more.

An added point of interest would be Fred Kemp's new auto museum. Fred own's Kemp's Homes and has a great collection of Mercedes Benzes. Not sure what the museum's hours are but that would be a place to go after dinner, time permitting.
SpecialK
QUOTE (STL914 @ Nov 19 2005, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Nov 19 2005, 07:27 AM)

Kevin,

By Chesterfield Commons, are you referring to the shopping mall built in Chesterfielf Valley south of Hwy 40 east of the airport?

Yep, just east of Spirit of St. Louis Airport (I just thought "Chesterfield Commons" sounded better than Gumbo Bottoms wink.gif , a.k.a - Lake Chesterfield back in the flood of '93 cool_shades.gif ).

Ton's of restuarants, now we just need to choose one. A cool idea on the car museum, didn't know that there was one there. beer.gif
STL914
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Nov 19 2005, 10:53 PM)
A cool idea on the car museum, didn't know that there was one there.  :beer1:

The museum was built last year. I'm still trying to get a chance to go there.

I met Fred Kemp about 5 years ago. While I was a PCA board member I was putting an "all German car show"
and I call his office one day to invite him to bring one of
his cars. His secretary told me that he was in a staff meeting and couldn't be disturbed. When I told her who I was and the reason for my call, she told me to wait a second. Next thing I know, I was talking to Fred. He actually excused himself fron his own meting to talk about cars. He brought two of his cars to the show, one was a silver Gullwing Mercedes 300SL.

I understand that Fred passed away in July of last year, before the completion of the museum.
SpecialK
Museum.....sounds like a plan!! smilie_pokal.gif

Plus it's one long strip, with easy access to and from the highway for the out-of-towners. Hate for anyone to get lost, it's easy to do if you get on the back roads out here.

Here's a few of the restuarants down in the area (I omitted the fastfood):

Annie Gunn's
16806 Chesterfield Airport Rd
Chesterfield MO
636-532-7684
American · Irish

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
17392 Chesterfield Airport Rd
Chesterfield MO

Pizza East Coast Pizza
17304 Chesterfield Airport Rd
Chesterfield MO

Emperor's Palace
17360 Chesterfield Airport Rd
Chesterfield MO
Lunch · Dinner · Chinese

Espino's Mexican Bar & Grill
17409 Chesterfield Airport Rd (access via Arnage)
Chesterfield MO
Mexican

Villa Farotto & Villa Farotto Vineyards
17417 Chesterfield Airport Rd (River Crossings)(at Arnage)
Chesterfield MO
Italian · Pizza

Fox & Hound Pub & Grille
170416 Chesterfield Airport Rd
Chesterfield MO
Dine in

Golden China Pan-Asian Restaurant (by Target)
58 THF Blvd
Chesterfield MO Asian · Chinese · Thai

Home Town Buffet ML
17258 Chesterfield Airport Rd
Chesterfield MO

The Smoke House Market
16806 Chesterfield Airport Rd
Chesterfield MO

Mexican El Matador Mexican Restaurant
17304-115 Chesterfield Airport Rd
Chesterfield MO

Mimi's Café ML
17240 Chesterfield Airport Rd
Chesterfield MO

I've never been to The Smoke House Market, but it's been there forever, and always has a crowd there.....must be good. chowtime.gif Also heard good thing about The Fox and Hound Pub and Grill.

-Kevin
STL914
Kemp Auto Museum web site:

http://www.kempautomuseum.org/

Hours are 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Wednesday thru Sunday
Admission is $8.00

914werke
Fri night Would be best. I have a return flt the next morn. wink.gif
SpecialK
Friday's cool with me....... beer.gif

Perry?
Dave?
Gary?
Shelby?
hi ho silber
Friday works for us.

Annie Gunn's please it's been on our list of places to go biggrin.gif

Perhaps the meseum will stay open a little later like til 630ish then we can make it the meeting spot then dinner??
I know the chances are small, does someone have another connection there?

Later,
flatout
friday sounds fine with me. mueba.gif
STL914
Friday works here too. When and where?? Keep in mind that Fridays usually are pretty busy at local restuarants, so we'll need to be pepared for at least a 30 minute wait.

Now, if we had a group of about 100, the museum, according to the web site, does cater. chowtime.gif

SpecialK
Excellent!

Then we just need Perry to "sign off" on the date, and it's a go for Friday. chowtime.gif

Dave, have you talked to/seen Matt to see if'n he's interested?

Shelby....Do you think Randy would like to join us? He's quite a character! biggrin.gif And a helluva nice guy.

Edit: I'd have to read the post over, but I think Perry said "Thurs. or Fri." originally....so it sounds like we're good to go!

flatout
Kevin, he might, I was just with him and Paula,his wife, at a basketball game about an hour ago. I'll see him tomorrow and ask. Will let you know. He is running for a state judge seat. Randy as a judge something to think about. biggrin.gif it would be pretty cool,huh? cool_shades.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (flatout @ Nov 21 2005, 10:10 PM)
Kevin, he might, I was just with him and Paula,his wife, at a basketball game about an hour ago. I'll see him tomorrow and ask. Will let you know. He is running for a state judge seat. Randy as a judge something to think about. biggrin.gif it would be pretty cool,huh? cool_shades.gif

He's got my vote! Congrats Randy!! smilie_pokal.gif

...or is it more like... pray.gif
IronHillRestorations
Friday is good with us. We would prefer a place that doesn't have peanuts on the floor. We may bring the kids & Sindy's folks with to eat, and we have a serious nut allergy. Of course that means actual peanuts & tree nuts, not 914 nuts biggrin.gif

Hey O'Fallon is cool too. I hadn't looked at a map until this am, and didn't really know where Troy was screwy.gif
STL914
Perry,

Troy is about 20 minutes from me. While there are some good places to eat here in O'Fallon, Chesterfield Commons would be more centrally located for the others.

Dave mentioned Annie Gunn's, but after checking their menu on line, I don't feel like paying $36 for a steak when I can get a complete meal plus desert at Applebee's for half the cost. Besides, my baby needs new paint and I'm pinching my pennies.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
IronHillRestorations
We are OK with good and reasonable prices. It's the fellowship I'm after not spendy food.
SpecialK
OUCH!! $13 for a friggin' hamburger!! ohmy.gif

Sorry Dave, maybe another day for Annie's.

Applebee's...yeah, or maybe The Fox and Hound Pub and Grill (as long as their burger's are less than my 2005 personal property taxes biggrin.gif ).
IronHillRestorations
icon_bump.gif

Howbout a headcount?

Anybody want to pick a restaurant?
hi ho silber
I'm in, plus one or two (depending on the weather = weather good I bring a two seater biggrin.gif ).

I haven't been in touch with Matt. I think he was out of town last week.

Annie Gunn's is out and I'm okay with that. So Kev you've got Six Flags and $13 property taxes? I gotta move:lol2:

Kevin tell us more about this Fox and Hound place screwy.gif After all they have Applebee's in TN and WA rolleyes.gif
Please ensure the Fox and Hound is kid friendly.

As Perry said it really doesn't matter the place it's more for the company boldblue.gif So I'm up for anywhere!

Cheers,
flatout
I'm in too, unless we have bad weather. Just decide on a place to eat. biggrin.gif
SpecialK
Okay....I checked out The Fox and Hound. Sounds like a nice place, reasonable prices, but mainly a "Cheers" type Pub/Grill place. Probably not real cool for the kiddies sad.gif . Upon reviewing the list of restuarants in that area I somehow omitted Joe's Crab Shack slap.gif . We've been to the one in St. Peters, MO...good food, prices not bad, huge menu selection (iffin you're not into seafood), and definitely "kid friendly" (in fact, ours found it to be quite an amusing place). It's also very close to Boone's Crossing, the entrance/exit on I-40/64, which could also make it a little less confusing for the out of towners to get there, and home again.

If there's no objections to the location, and I can get a fairly accurate head count, I'll call them up and have them reserve a section for the group.

Time-wise, I was thinking around 7p.m.-ish....I know it's kind of late, but I'm afraid anything earlier and you'd be stuck in some serious traffic no matter which way you're coming from.

Just a suggestion.....whadaya guys think? confused24.gif

-Kevin
ninefourteener
HOWDY!!!!

No.... I wasn't out of town...... I was moving FROM base housing on Scott AFB, to O'Fallon, IL...... I bought a house, and have been moving in..... ironically enough to AVOID the housing priovatization (no offense, just didn't want anything to do with it)

I'm definately in...... Friday night...... My wife and I will definately be there.... wherever exactly we decide to go. It'll be nice to see more than 1 or 2 teeners in one place.

Anyway.... add one more teener to the list smile.gif

--Matt
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Nov 27 2005, 11:19 AM)
Joe's Crab Shack slap.gif . We've been to the one in St. Peters, MO...good food, prices not bad, huge menu selection (iffin you're not into seafood), and definitely "kid friendly" (in fact, ours found it to be quite an amusing place). It's also very close to Boone's Crossing, the entrance/exit on I-40/64, which could also make it a little less confusing for the out of towners to get there, and home again.

Sounds good to me, I like crabs.....the kind you eat that is!
hi ho silber
1 vote -

Joe's Crab Shack

See ya there!

flatout
Sounds good to me, as well. Joe's Crab Shack mueba.gif
dennisc
Does anyone have an address for Joes Crab Shack? I 40/64 ????????? We're country bumpkins here.
STL914
Add two more to the list.
spare time toys
Sounds like you got a nice little group going out up there. Dont forget the photos or you'll get thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
hi ho silber
From "STL Eats"

Joe's Crab Shack
2 McBride & Son Center Dr - Chesterfield Valley
Chesterfield MO 63005 St Louis MO
636-530-7232
Seafood, American

I think this is the one you guys are looking at?
dennisc
OK--I thought it was in St Peters
SpecialK
QUOTE (dennisc @ Nov 28 2005, 04:30 PM)
OK--I thought it was in St Peters

There's one there too. I haven't been to the one in Chesterfield.....yet. wink.gif

I put a link to a map. It's real easy to get to, and from the hwy (I-40/64) from the restaurant (a good thing if you're not from around here!).

So, lets get a head count for the reservations I'll be making.

2 adults for me

Matt = 2 adults

Gary = 2 adults

Shelby = 2 - Maybe 4

Dave = 2 adults + 1 child (don't tell him I called him that wink.gif )

Dennis = 2

Perry = 4 adults + 2 kiddies

Map to Joe's Crab Shack
flatout
Two maybe four, will let you know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.