Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice shiney parts back from the Laser cutter :)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I just recieved my laser cut parts from Patrick Pickerell of Peridot Corp.

These things are nice...I guess I could add a laser cutter to my list of tools to buy when I win the Lotto, hahahhaa

Did a trial test fit into the reducer pipe and it's a perfect fit. Now to do some welding this weekend.

user posted image
user posted image
sixnotfour
That doesnt look like SS poke.gif

Aaron Cox
very nice mike.....

so got a diagram of your exhaust system yet? where are the intake tubes going? etc
Mueller
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Nov 17 2005, 06:29 PM)
That doesnt look like SS poke.gif

I decided to save $10 bucks by going with mild steel 1st...just in case the design sucks.....
McMark
Shiny? confused24.gif

Awesome. I love the digital to carbon conversion. I'm going to be an engineer in the next life.
jsteele22

Can you tell us how much it cost ?

fiid
Daymn. Those parts look awesome. What did you give Patrick? DXF file or something?

Laser cutters kick ass.

DO you have any pics or diagrams of how you anticipate the stuff fitting together?

fiid
QUOTE (McMark @ Nov 17 2005, 06:15 PM)
I'm going to be an engineer in the next life.

I wouldn't bother waiting for the next life. Get hooked up with a CAD package and a web browser - do some reading and math, and rock out!

aktion035.gif
bondo
QUOTE (fiid @ Nov 18 2005, 11:12 AM)

I wouldn't bother waiting for the next life. Get hooked up with a CAD package and a web browser - do some reading and math, and rock out!

aktion035.gif

I think you're already there. My dad is an electrical engineer and he still plugs 150 watt light bulbs into 60 watt fixtures. It's more about what you can do than the title. biggrin.gif
mightyohm
Mike, once you finish the foundry...

http://www.nilno.com/laser_intro/
airsix
Those are sweet, Mike.
-Ben M.
Mueller
QUOTE (fiid @ Nov 18 2005, 11:12 AM)

aktion035.gif

I think he was making fun of me...I said shiney and the parts look flat in apperance smile.gif

Can you tell us how much it cost ?

nada....I'll just return the favor in future...how, no idea

Daymn. Those parts look awesome. What did you give Patrick? DXF file or something?

yep, DXF file, this way less work for his laser operator, just load 'em into the CAM software to generate the tool path, I did give him hardcopies for referance.

Laser cutters kick ass.

yes they do, a water-jet cutter would be awesome as well, my individual throttle body parts would be better cut with a water-jet...I'll have to be mill them unless I cast them instead (I should have my adjustable propane regulator today or early next week)

DO you have any pics or diagrams of how you anticipate the stuff fitting together?

Once I weld up the adapter/reducer pipe, I'll have a better grasp of how I want to or have to run it.....

MartyYeoman
Mike,
I guess I missed something.
What exactly are you making now??
It looks to be exhaust related.
Inquiring minds want to know.
confused24.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Marty Yeoman @ Nov 18 2005, 01:25 PM)
Mike,
I guess I missed something.
What exactly are you making now??
It looks to be exhaust related.
Inquiring minds want to know.
confused24.gif

hey Marty, these are for my YCTA914 project smile.gif
MartyYeoman
Thanks for the link.
By the way, Good Luck with that!!
welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.