Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coast to Coast parts run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Verruckt
Hey Rich, go ahead and put me in at this point. This is sounding good so far.

So how are you thinking of hauling these tubs/rollers?
djm914-6
I bet you could sell the "extra" tubs once they got back here. I wish I could be on that list (especially for that camp914 six) but it ain't happening without a job. mad.gif
Allan
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 18 2005, 12:05 AM)
1.7 stuff?
front clip?

b

How much of a front clip do you need?

I can give you the entire front end of a '75 if you would like..
Allan
QUOTE (r_towle @ Nov 18 2005, 05:45 PM)
I am hoping for minor rust...good firewalls, decent hell hole area...nothing that 10 hrs of metal work will not fix....

How about a complete set of rust free longs and suspension consoles???

I'm right off of I-5...
boxstr
914-6 tub is $1800. Has 1988 Carrera front suspension. Car was stripped and not primered on all surfaces. I do not have a title from the PO yet.

Also a few tubs, 6 I believe south of Portland, cheap to free.
CCLINTELETUBBIES
r_towle
QUOTE (Verruckt @ Nov 18 2005, 11:03 PM)
Hey Rich, go ahead and put me in at this point. This is sounding good so far.

So how are you thinking of hauling these tubs/rollers?

big 5th wheel open trailer, custom rack. tubs bolted to rack...three high

Rich
jet1

Cheap to free sounds like a good price! biggrin.gif
nomore9one4
I actually have room for 2,but put me down for 1 right now.If you have room I will need doors and trunk lids.I have the rest covered. I hope this works out for EVERONE.I am starting to get that itch!. I will keep reading the posts and updates! Thanks. welder.gif
SLITS
icon_bump.gif
Verruckt
QUOTE (boxstr @ Nov 18 2005, 11:55 PM)

CCLINTELETUBBIES

Damn son, you're speakin my language! wink.gif
jet1
and another icon_bump.gif
nomore9one4
icon_bump.gif Need to keep this post fresh!! Need more buyers!!!
nomore9one4
icon_bump.gif Any new info? Just keeping it fresh! flag.gif
736conver
If prices dont get too bad, count me in. I'm about 15 minutes from Milwaukee WI. Right next to two major freeways. You can also count on me for a breakfest,lunch or dinner stop.

How many tubs have you sourced out so far. And lets here what the price range is.
jet1
icon_bump.gif
r_towle
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Nov 20 2005, 01:19 PM)
icon_bump.gif  Need to keep this post fresh!! Need more buyers!!!

the idea is still valid....but in order for me to do this I would need to have enough BUYERS...not people that want a free tub delivered to their house...]

be realistic people....

This can work...dont expect a free tub.

Expect to pay for services rendered.

As far as pricing...why dont we come to a concensus on what a fair price for a tub delivered to your house would be...

I will buy all the tubs.
I will not pick up a tub that you purchase or acquire..

Rich
boxstr
Go west young man, theres tubs in them thar hills.

Okay all you flatlanders, pull out them tubs and wash basins, the ballers are coming out lookin for whooptys.
Good luck. Ya'll
CCLIN
736conver
I will buy all the tubs.
I will not pick up a tub that you purchase or acquire.

Not sure I understand this.
What if I get a tub line up and pay for it and get it to a spot where you will pick other tubs up. I will still pay for the service of having it delivered.
nomore9one4
More buyers?? Anyone interested?? Nows the time!! chair.gif
Mark Henry
MikeG (Mike's 914) said he sent you a PM..did you get it?
jet1
QUOTE (r_towle @ Nov 21 2005, 10:28 PM)

the idea is still valid....but in order for me to do this I would need to have enough BUYERS...not people that want a free tub delivered to their house...]

be realistic people....

As far as pricing...why dont we come to a concensus on what a fair price for a tub delivered to your house would be...

I will buy all the tubs.

Rich

This will not be very easy. How will the cost of gas and services be figured out? the tubs also need to be lined up in order to know the initial price for just the tub. Then a clear price range can be worked out. I realize that we are not getting free tubs delivered, but I think we need a little more info before we can figure on a price. Right?

I think once the price range is set then more buyers will pop up. how many interested members are there so far?
Speedster07
How many tubs can you carry?

idea.gif
r_towle
QUOTE (736conver @ Nov 22 2005, 02:29 AM)
I will buy all the tubs.

What if I get a tub line up and pay for it and get it to a spot where you will pick other tubs up. I will still pay for the service of having it delivered.

hire a shipping company.

Rich
r_towle
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Nov 22 2005, 12:06 PM)

nope

r_towle@yahoo.com

Rich
r_towle
QUOTE (jet1 @ Nov 22 2005, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (r_towle @ Nov 21 2005, 10:28 PM)

be realistic people....

I will buy all the tubs.

Rich

This will not be very easy. How will the cost of gas and services be figured out? the tubs also need to be lined up in order to know the initial price for just the tub. Then a clear price range can be worked out. I realize that we are not getting free tubs delivered, but I think we need a little more info before we can figure on a price. Right?

I think once the price range is set then more buyers will pop up. how many interested members are there so far?

put it this way...

What would you pay for a "rust free"tub

me personally...1000 buck is a good deal in the northeast.

So If each tub is 1k plus shipping...is that a viable deal?

Now...2 weeks plus of my life is worth something...

Gas and fuel have a cost that is easy to figure and can be mapped and split house to house to house...

i want to end up not having to do welding...
i want to end up not loosing money.
I want to have fun and meet some people..

Rich

r_towle
QUOTE (Speedster07 @ Nov 22 2005, 09:39 PM)
How many tubs can you carry?

idea.gif

9...maybe ten....the tenth is a stretch.

Rich
Mark Henry
QUOTE (r_towle @ Nov 22 2005, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Nov 22 2005, 12:06 PM)

nope

r_towle@yahoo.com

Rich

He's going to be here Friday...I'll make sure it gets it.
736conver
QUOTE (736conver @ Nov 22 2005, 02:29 AM)
I will buy all the tubs.

hire a shipping company.

Rich

Just out of curiousity and not trying to get you mad but why cant you pick up one if I handle all the details, and paid you for your services. Wouldnt it be the same thing as your doing now, but less hassle for you? Especially if it was located with other tubs you are picking up.

r_towle
In order for this to work for me...the guy who will be driving the truck, loading the trailer, doing ALL the work...

i will need to make sure the locations for pick up are at my discretion....Nor Cal and LA are a long along way apart...and a long way from oregon or vegas...

If you would like to buy a tub, arrange for pick up and delivery...why do you need me...

I am not angry about any of it, I dont care really...just trying to get some clean tubs over here in the east...

but I will be clear...this is non-negotiable.

Rich
736conver
Shipping comapanies will charge around $1500 for shipping a non-runner. I dont even know what it would cost for a non roller. I am assuming you are alot cheaper.
736conver
I am assuming GPR is a pick-up point as mention earlier?? That is where I would have the tub.
markb
I only mentioned GPR earlier because I know Dave has some tubs, and said he would make as good a deal as possible for us. Whether it is used as a pickup point is up to r_towle, he's the man in charge.
pjf
I'm doing rust repair on a '76 now but wouldn't mind at all switching my parts to a better body. I'm interested if you put your trip together. Also need a rust-free rear trunk lid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.