Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it a good or bad thing when the car goes boom
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
power steering is on that side, window washer is on that side.

what about fuel rail?
tryan
you would have smelled gas or the engine would have died. the fuel rail metal and is on the intake side. i don't think the turbo/exhaust would have gotten that hot in just a few miles. they are dreaming

look at you policy and see if there is a loop hole for them on a mechanical failure.

the first thing my insurance co asked about was the parking brake.( i had a photo of the car sitting in the driveway running to prove it worked.) they also asked if the brake been worked on recently. nope.

has the adjuster looked at it yet?

tell the insurance co that you are going to get three estimates for repairs and see what they say.
Brad Roberts
Sorry.. I have to ask this Tryan..

How do you take a pic of a car running (to prove its running)..unless it smokes ?? LOL

I was Trying to understand your post... not Trying to bust your balls.

LB.. I was reading an issue of Porsche 911 world that was sent to me.

B
Lawrence
In the drivethru at 2am? huh.gif

Okay.. I suppose that could happen.

If I'm ever at a drivethru at 2am, I'm usually lucky that I can focus on the road - let alone read a magazine. w00t.gif
seanery
i've seen the pic and I think you can see a little smog/steam from the exhaust.
tryan
they are both smokers.

i had a regular camera out and wasted the last two shots on a roll. both smoke/steam when you fire them up after being in the basement. the teener clears up pretty quick, but you have to drive the 911 to make it stop smokin'.

i'm now getting stiffed ( my choice ) for the final 40% check from the insurance co because good 'ol tn won't issue a salvage title on a car older than 10 years. when the t rusts down to the ground and SOMEBODY starts making 914-6 heat exchangers, the two will become one.
seanery
They just totalled the car.

More to come.
Part Pricer

That's a shame. I know how much you loved that car. It was a true classic that will be very difficult to replace.

Good luck.
Brad Roberts
NICE.

I'll holf off on putting the engine back in..LOL

B
Lawrence

More to come.

Hang in there. Hopefully they'll do right by you. Stick to your guns.
Pnambic
Felt creative...sung to "Pop goes the weasle."

He drove around, all over town.
He'd just gone to the store (sha).
He heard a noise, what was that sound?
BOOM! goes the Porsche.

Sean escaped, without a scratch,
But the car bured to the floor (sha).
Now Progressive's treating him like a biatch.
BOOM! goes the Porsche.

I must be sleep deprived or something.... blink.gif
seanery
It's done, all done. I feel like I did ok by the deal.
tryan
cool.
driver66
does anyone use a fire retard system of any kind on these 914's ???????sounds like something to look into...........and again sorry for your loss
seanery
I did well, so, please don't feel sorry for me. It was just a water pumper anyway. Thank God it wasn't a teener!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.