Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front suspension coversion Q's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
greg derr
Winter project. I just bought 1985 911 struts spindles brakes and rotors, do I need any other parts for the conversion on my 73 teener? Thanks. Greg
Bleyseng
New bearings and seals
check the rotors out you might need new ones
new pads
Shocks
Eric_Shea
Should be good to go with the 73/85 swap.

I agree with the above. Maybe get some new bearings while you're in there and the others are unknown.

New strut inserts? Through body bar and weld some u-tabs on your a-arms? DWD sets in and you strip the tub throw the entire car into 13 boxes and set her on jackstands for the next decade??
johnmhudson111
Pick up a couple of bail joint pins I destroyed the threads on my orginal pins when I did my struts.
Allan
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Nov 18 2005, 07:54 PM)
DWD sets in and you strip the tub throw the entire car into 13 boxes and set her on jackstands for the next decade??

agree.gif Mine started with an oil leak. Ended up with a new motor and complete rustoration, then traded everything for a /6 conversion...

Good luck...
pete-stevers
While you are at it ...if the budget allows....perhaps a set of turbo tie rods.....and perhaps a 19mm master cylinder....but like i said .....perhaps biggrin.gif
bondo
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Nov 18 2005, 08:54 PM)
DWD sets in and you strip the tub throw the entire car into 13 boxes and set her on jackstands for the next decade??

Only 13? I've got at least that many plus most of a backyard shed! I hope to beat the decade though. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.