Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 2.0L Heads at PP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Anyone bought a set??
I thought these were long out of production? Are these some long lost stash?
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca..._pg4.htm#item29

DD? cool_shades.gif
Demick
Interesting. The '75-'76 2.0 heads are almost $500 each cheaper than the '73-'74 heads. I thought the only difference between them was an EGR port on the lat model ones that is easy to plug. Are there other differences?

Demick
Aaron Cox
late ones flow a little less on the exhaust side.....

the whole EGR thing requires some welding up make it as good as a 73-74 head
Bleyseng
Huh Aaron? Why do you say that?

the different he's caused the drop in HP but the exhaust ports?
Mueller
flow should 100% the same between the 2....the earlier ones are more "desirable" due to not having to plug the holes which are no big deal.....
seanery
How do the new heads by Jake & Len compare $$$-wise to the 73-74 heads at PP?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Demick @ Nov 19 2005, 09:50 AM)
Interesting. The '75-'76 2.0 heads are almost $500 each cheaper than the '73-'74 heads. I thought the only difference between them was an EGR port on the lat model ones that is easy to plug. Are there other differences?

Demick

That's an air injection port. The EGR dumps into the intake at the air cleaner, AIS dumps into the exhaust port. It wouldn't make sense to dump exhaust into the exhaust. The Cap'n
Bleyseng
QUOTE (seanery @ Nov 19 2005, 11:07 AM)
How do the new heads by Jake & Len compare $$$-wise to the 73-74 heads at PP?

They are around $1800 for a set
914werke
For almost $500 differance per head Id weld up the late ones. wacko.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Nov 19 2005, 11:02 AM)
Huh Aaron? Why do you say that?

the different he's caused the drop in HP but the exhaust ports?

look at the exhaust ports.... one is smooth... one has a big hole in it for the AI stuff.

the difference is there, not sure how much of a difference there is.
if one were to weld up the hole from the inside, and machine it smooth... then they would flow 100 percent the same.

Just my opinion fellas
Teknon
The late ones also don't have the crankcase blowby hole. But can be drilled in. idea.gif
Verruckt
For the price they are wanting, you could buy a used set, and send them to HAM and be money ahead. That's STEEP. rolleyes.gif
Mark Henry
Most likely they found a stash of NOS heads.

The late ones also don't have the crankcase blowby hole. But can be drilled in.  

Some did and some didn't...I had a set that did have them and it looked quite factory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.