Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aa performance products
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
on ebay p&c's

http://www.aaproductsinc.com/cgi-bin/Porsc..._busesprice.cgi
GWN7
I've never heard of them......no address, no contact person, no phone numbers. I like to know who and where internet business are located before doing any business with them.

"If" they had all that machinary I'm sure someone would have heard about them.
TINCAN914
address and info.
AA Performance Product, Inc.

450 2nd Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94118

Tel: (415) 752-2075 Fax: (415) 752-2114

Mueller
I've used them before...this company supplied P/Cs to Mark Stephens and other engine builders.

Pistons made in Japan, cylinders made in Tawain

I believe European Motorsports or Motorworks uses them as well as many other shops.

Jake does not care for them, but they do work...tend to be a tad bit louder at startup until they warm up.

Mueller
Oh yea...no relationship to Automobile Atlanta
sixnotfour
Did they use to be American Aircooled back in the 90's?
anthony
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 19 2005, 10:19 PM)
Jake does not care for them, but they do work...tend to be a tad bit louder at startup until they warm up.

Jake seems to carry them in his online store. I wonder if he does anything extra to them before they get shipped out?
jimkelly
thanks for the replies.

glad I did not get slammed with - use search - cause I did bt found nothing : )

prices look very good - see lower prices on ebay then on their webpage.
Mueller
QUOTE (jimkelly @ Nov 20 2005, 05:17 AM)
thanks for the replies.

glad I did not get slammed with - use search - cause I did bt found nothing : )

prices look very good - see lower prices on ebay then on their webpage.

just make sure you inspect them good, the 1st set I bought from them one cylinder had a crack near the bottom (dropped at one time), another one had a small inclusion near the top from bad casting job...they replaced them with no questions asked...in fact they had one of thier people hand deliver them to me,
bd1308
I wouldn't run....it increases the risk of doing a faceplant in the road.

Just walk slightly faster than you usually would.

b
jimkelly
I'd say mueller gave them a cauiously decent rating.

still got thet 2.0 long block?

jim
bottomend
There is a guy at the Shop Talk forums who is drag racing with this stuff. Do a search over there and I'm sure you'll find the info. I cant remember his name off the top of me head. (Actaully I can rememeber his name, I just cant read it off the top of me head. Anybody got a ladder and wanna help me see what I wrote up there?)
Jake Raby
I offer them as an "ECONO" set for getting engines back on the road. I do not care for their rings at all and replace them as soon as they come into my shop.

I also magna flux all the cylinders, because I have seen them with holes right through the castings that give comopression leaks.

They are only good for patch jobs, IMHO...
SirAndy
i don't know, trust a guy who can't even spell the name of the city he lives in? confused24.gif

=========================================
Shawn Chi
shawn@itgo2u.com
415-867-2921
AA Products international
668 Dartmouth st
Sab francisco,CA,US 94134
anthony
Jake, are the EMW cylinders that you sell a lot higher quality?
Mueller
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 20 2005, 03:52 PM)
i don't know, trust a guy who can't even spell the name of the city he lives in? confused24.gif

Shawn Chi
shawn@itgo2u.com
415-867-2921
AA Products international
668 Dartmouth st
Sab francisco,CA,US 94134

They are "english" challanged, I've talked to them a few times and the main guy gave me the skinny on what Mark Stephens is up to now (or was when he shut down his business)

Like I said, the stuff works, but don't expect the same life or duty that you'd get from factory or the more expensive stuff.......

for a lot of people here, they'll work fine and their motors will never know the differance
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.