Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SF Bay Area 914 Breakfast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
lapuwali

At a more northern location this time, the IHOP in Foster City, 531 Foster City Blvd Foster City CA 94404 (650) 573-8887. Starting time will be the usual 9:14AM, though I'm sure we'll be loitering in the parking lot for quite some time.

Yahoo Map

McMark
Thanks for taking the initiative on this James. I should be there!
fiid
I'll be there. Hopefully I'll be driving a 914.
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif count me in. maybe even in my 914 propelled by fiid's old motor ...

driving.gif Andy
lapuwali
icon_bump.gif should we nail this?
jonwatts
I'm a definite maybe blink.gif
GTeener
Whoa! Thread switch...tricky...

I should definitely maybe be there, sans 914 though.
SirAndy
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Nov 21 2005, 09:48 AM)
I'm a definite maybe

well, we all know that!

but, will you be at the breakfast ???
rolleyes.gif Andy
nebreitling
i'll try to make it -- hopefully in the teener if no rain...
Hammy
Can I come without a teener? smile.gif
lapuwali
QUOTE (Hammy @ Nov 21 2005, 05:03 PM)
Can I come without a teener? smile.gif

I'm probably going to, unless I get some parts showing up this week and I wrench a lot over the 4 day weekend...
carreraguy
I'm planning on being there - missed the last one! May be the last one with Ol'Yeller - its for sale now.
shoguneagle
chowtime.gif Hi everyone,

I wish I could join you for lunch but we will be finishing up a run in the Corvette from Flagstaff (via Route 66 most of the way across the desert) up Highway 1 to Carmel; across to I-5 and back to Flagstaff. Someday will make this trip to San Jose in a 914-6 GT/916 Replica.

Hope everyone has a great time. Will be thinking of you guys and gals.

Steve Hurt
shoguneagle
Nor.Cal.914
Mind if I come along? I'd love to finally meet some other 914 owners. biggrin.gif Would it be ok for my brother and dad to come along in their cars as well? Let me know. Thanks
-Chris
lapuwali
More the merrier. Lots of people show up in their "other cars", since the natural state of a 914 is to be on jackstands. If we only showed up in our 914s, hardly anyone would show!
Nor.Cal.914
Haha well if my car is still up and running by then I'll be in it along with my dad and brother in their cars. Here's mine biggrin.gif
-Chris
jimtab
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Nov 21 2005, 04:49 PM)
i'll try to make it -- hopefully in the teener if no rain...

Watsa mattaa you only got slicks bruddah? biggrin.gif
mikey
I'll try and make it, but most probably without the teener (almost there though).
Midtowner
Wife Aunt passed away. I'll be in Seattle. Catch you folks next time. Thanks. sad.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (Midtowner @ Nov 26 2005, 05:31 PM)
Wife Aunt passed away. I'll be in Seattle. Catch you folks next time. Thanks. sad.gif

Bummer & condolences...
lapuwali
icon_bump.gif
ppickerell
Is there a funrun scheduled with this event?
McMark
I thought you were in charge of the Patrick. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
jimtab
I'm pretty sure none has been scheduled but I'm sure one could be arranged.....
ppickerell
A funrun would make the cheese more binding. smilie_pokal.gif
ppickerell
Let's say HWY 92 west to 1/2 moon bay and 1 south to Santa Cruz for margaritas on the S-Cruz wharf? Or hwy 92 west to Skyline to Los Gatos.
MartyYeoman
I've been mentally gearing up to pull my motor and hand over my "roller"
to McMark for hell hole repair. If a fun run is in the works I'll just have to
procrastinate a little longer. Oh well...
Count me in for the breakfast either way, although a little drive before
"winter project time" would be "just the ticket".
jimtab
If we go to santa cruz I'll have to pass, cooking for a dinner party later that nite...as an alternative to hwy 92 consider a left at skyline and a right at hwy 84 to the coast and then up hwy one or down stage road to pescadero, more twisties and less traffic and PD....could end up at Princeton and load up on crab....just my .02.....
fiid
I like Jim's suggestion... smile.gif Hope my car is up to this smile.gif I'm probably going to show up in the Miata if it rains though - hope that doesn't happen.

ppickerell
Jim,
That would be a great route and I would be in for buying crabs from the boats at Princeton Harbor.
lapuwali
Hmm. Here I was thinking I'd get off easy by picking a spot close to the house for the meet, and now it looks like I may actually have to get my car running properly first...

Nor.Cal.914
A drive after sounds fun! biggrin.gif I say let's do it!
-Chris
jimtab
OK, I just had another thought...do we want to do a "Toys for tots" thing with this "event" as well, there must be a convenient fire station we could drop them at...with publicity pics for the board....and a warm fuzzy feeling for the gang...or we could help out by passing the hat for the family in the Pacific NW on the other thread, that would be morphenspectras thread, or topic, or whatever the hell it's called. Or we can keep it simple....we do simple pretty well I'd say..... happy11.gif
Nor.Cal.914
So what are the final plans everyone? This breakfast is coming up soon! Let me know. Thanks
-Chris
McMark
Thanks for the bump, this had slipped my mind. Marty, don't pull that motor yet. I'm absolutely BURIED right now. I'm working LONG days to catch up though.
lapuwali
Far as I know, it's still on as planned: 9:14 on the 10th at the IHOP in Foster City. There's some talk of a run afterwards. I should say that Hwy 92 W of 280 is a parking lot on weekends, so I'd avoid that stretch. I'll probably not tag along on the run, as it's looking unlikely my 914 will be running by then.

I'll bump this again later in the week...
MartyYeoman
QUOTE (McMark @ Dec 4 2005, 09:13 AM)
Thanks for the bump, this had slipped my mind. Marty, don't pull that motor yet. I'm absolutely BURIED right now. I'm working LONG days to catch up though.

Will do. (or won't?)
I hope you make it to the breakfast. We can talk then. chatsmiley.gif
GTeener
Thanks for the reminder. I can make breakfast sans GTEENER. McMark & Brandon got her on Saturday to continue her make-over biggrin.gif
lapuwali
I definitely won't be driving the 914 this weekend, as I managed to smash my hand moving wheels around in the garage, so I didn't get any of my planned work done on it. It remains a "wireless" 914...

Maybe I'll ride my new scooter up... biggrin.gif

fiid
My 914 is currently within a mile of the IHOP in question.

smilie_pokal.gif
ppickerell
sad.gif
Company party Saturday, have a pancake for me.
Jenny
icon_bump.gif for Brett F.

Jen
Meredith
No can do. I'm going to be helping my sister pick out wedding invitations, which is ALMOST as fun. wink.gif
Jenny
while you're at it, will you pick one out for me as well? wink.gif

Jen
fiid
We did evites. It was excellent.

GTeener
dry.gif conflict with water polo practice on Saturday morning (8a-10a) and no 914 to show off anyway. I'm out for this one I guess.
Mueller
I'm supposed to meet up with McMark and we'll drive down in his hoopty mobile I'm guessing....bad thing is that of all places to meet up off the freeway up near me Krispy Kreme is the only landmark we know boldblue.gif wub.gif
mightyohm
I'm going to try to make it. I'll probably be tagging along with fiid in his porscharu.
lapuwali
So, the lineup appears to be:

me
mcmark
mueller
fiid
jkeyser
andy
wattage boy
nate
hammy
tom trudell
chris
mikey
jimtab
marty
jenny?
brian?

I think a couple more have spoken to me about coming off list.

18 so far. I'll call IHOP to warn them, so they can get some extra oil dry for the parking lot.
Jenny
Maybe.... I still have to grout on saturday. Plus prime and paint downstairs bathroom. wacko.gif

I'll discuss it with the other half tonight. Pancakes do sound good, and it'll give me an excuse to wash the teener for calender pictures.

Jen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.