Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: OPINIONS ON PARTS SELLERS ON THE BOARD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 21 2005, 05:22 PM)
Condom men are good at that............. poke.gif

Ron, you did tell me, you were getting bored with the club, no more good Drama's, so here you go, sorry, it's the best I can do happy11.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Jenny @ Nov 21 2005, 05:11 PM)
Geez, JP! Watch your language. My poor virgin ears! sad.gif

Jen

Virgin ears? rolleyes.gif Oh never mind this is going down hill quick I'll just shut up. spank.gif
lotus_65
cash on the barrelhead, baby.
sorry you lost out on the deal, but that's it. both of you sound like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed reading your negotiations!

life's too short for this.
SLITS
QUOTE (V6914 @ Nov 21 2005, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 21 2005, 05:22 PM)
Condom men are good at that............. poke.gif

Ron, you did tell me, you were getting bored with the club, no more good Drama's, so here you go, sorry, it's the best I can do happy11.gif

I keep trying to stir things up, but everyone seems to be following the rules of the non-club sad.gif

Oh, I never worry about buyers since I give the shit away anyway....no hassles biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Are you people still talking about this? biggrin.gif

I have people I trusted that still haven't paid for stuff.
I have sent free stuff to people who never returned the favor.
I have lost buys due to my own fault.
Paid too much for some stuff.
Paid too little for other stuff.
Gotten screwed.
Been told I screwed someone.

That door swings both ways. Whatever, life's too short. screwy.gif It's 39 degrees out, I think I'll go mow my lawn.
SLITS
dead horse.gif dead horse.gif dead horse.gif dead horse.gif dead horse.gif av-943.gif
Rand
Soon there will be nothing left to beat!
user posted image
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Jenny @ Nov 21 2005, 05:22 PM)
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Seeing JP use bad words is kinda like hearing your grandpa swear. biggrin.gif

Jen

Ya wanna see trusted, innocent looking, sweet little old people swear, work bingo for your local boys and girls club, parochial school, or youth group. Put a salty old Navy chief to shame .................................... The Cap'n
Jenny
Sadly, I have seen the bingo players. They get really mad if you call Bingo and you didn't actually bingo. lol2.gif And they get even more pissed off if you Bingo for real. biggrin.gif

Jen
IronHillRestorations
You ought to try being a "vendor"! I'm glad it's not a full time gig, or I'd have to sell off my children!

I had a "shopper" a few months ago who put me through a bunch of quoting hoops, telling me he was going to get "several thousand dollars of sheet metal". So I give him the quote for a package, well he wants a break down, so I give him a break down. I spend probably two hours on the phone with the guy, and he's going to transfer funds and all. So a week and a half go by, and I don't hear anything from him, or see any transfer. I send him an e-mail saying "are you going to buy this stuff or are you just jerking me around?". I get this scathing e-mail saying what an ass I am and "you can keep all your damn parts".

I find out from another parts house that this guy is notorious for this, and has been banned by more than one vendor! Live and learn!
Eric_Shea
Ya wanna see trusted, innocent looking, sweet little old people swear, work bingo for your local boys and girls club, parochial school, or youth group

Or stop by your local 914 repair shop in Santa Maria lol3.gif
r_towle
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Nov 21 2005, 08:17 PM)
i recently posted an ad on craig's list. i received multiple responses of people who were interested in my "item".

av-943.gif lol2.gif
markb
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Nov 22 2005, 09:08 PM)
Or stop by your local 914 repair shop in Santa Maria lol3.gif

Hey! I resemble that remark! laugh.gif
seanery
I got a new wallet smile.gif
Joe Ricard
Ron You rock baby!!!
Paypal makes things easier. I got what you want... Paypal me the money.... I send parts with follow up of shipping info.
EASY

If you send a check and long time member here I'll send parts and not wait for check to clear.

If we had prior good transaction I'll send parts with email that you want them. (don't happen often). Only good friends.

If you come to my house I may keep throwing parts in your car till you scream uncle or the car is full. Ya'll come on down Ya hear. beer.gif
WRX914
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Nov 22 2005, 09:52 AM)
Are you people still talking about this? biggrin.gif

I have people I trusted that still haven't paid for stuff.
I have sent free stuff to people who never returned the favor.
I have lost buys due to my own fault.
Paid too much for some stuff.
Paid too little for other stuff.
Gotten screwed.
Been told I screwed someone.

That door swings both ways. Whatever, life's too short. screwy.gif It's 39 degrees out, I think I'll go mow my lawn.

Absolutley hilarious! Probably one of the funniest... and to the point posts I have read in months!

Thanks for the entertainment... chairfall.gif
Eric_Shea
Joe... damnit. I told you I was "interested" in that stuff. I can't believe you SOLD IT!!!
Series9
If I were the buyer in this case, I would be a little annoyed too. It's not that anyone has any obligation, but that's just the way I do business.

When I post something for sale, the first person to contact me has first right of refusal.

If the fifth person to contact me says 'I'll take it'. I send email to the first four saying 'pay or loose your spot in line'.

The only real lesson here (maybe) is to be very clear on your intent.
Type 4 Unleashed
Headrage Jun 7 2006, 09:31 PM Post #1

dokuz on dort /6

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,304

I've come very close to buying from fellow members here and have had the rug pulled out from under my feet on several occasions.

Isn't there a sense of morality among club members?

C'mon guys.....

This is not ebay....

Eric?

--------------------

Allan Moore

'74 Stone Grey 2.7 /6
'01 White Chevy Tahoe
'01 White Infiniti I30

Official member of the Porsche Club of Istanbul.

The best way to find what you've lost is to buy a replacement.

It's not over till the fat lady sings, and probally not even then popcorn[1].gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.