Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need wiring harness opinions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
“Hi Jeff,
Well, the new Ignition harness is installed. No problem. My harness was in bad shape. I had spliced here & there more than a few times. But still – I can't believe how different it now runs, especially when cold. Much smoother. Can you tell me why?

Thanks Again,
Gary”

Gary bought a new harness and sent me this note today, I get comments like his regularly. All I can think of is that the old connections and wiring have built-up resistances and made for crummy electrical contacts. Maybe that’s why our dash lights are so dim?

Any other ideas?
Bleyseng
That and the grounding points are always rusty. New wire is always going to help fix electric problems.

Geoff
GWN7
The wires "rust" up into the wire from the connection points. Makes for resistance in the loop. And the plastic covering gets old/brittle causing electrical bleed across themselves.

Or it all the Aliens fault......... smile.gif
ChrisReale
A new wiring harness is on my list. My engine is a fresh rebuild, so why is my harness the original?? Because I didn't know Jeff offered this service until I was outta money huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.