Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Sway Bar - How Much?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I am in the market for a front sway bar since I am tearing the front end apart and taking the gas tank out - what should I expect to pay for the complete setup and what size should I look for. The car will be mostly a Sunday cruiser with the eventual Auto-X and DE.
Allan
Stock front bars can be found for $100.00. I bought a 23mm adjustable Weltmeister for $200.00. You might check with Craig at Camp914 or Rich at HPH.
dlo914
here's a stock front sway bar on ebay, quite a bargain if it doesnt surpass the $100 mark: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
STL914
I just pulled a factory bar from my 74 that's available. Only thing missing are the U-tabs for the A-arms. Open to any reasonable offer.

SLITS
Gary's is a good deal 'cause it has the reinforcing plates with it....The stock ones are welded in and you usually have to purchase them seperately.
vesnyder
Gary - I'll leave you a PM.
SLITS
You will still have to buy the "U" tabs and weld them on your "A" arms (unless your car has them).

Also, go to the winky board ( www.pelicanparts.com ) , download the sway bar bracket template and print it. This will tell you what size and where to drill the holes in the wheelhouse.
elwood-914
My 1.7 doesn't have a swaybar yet, but it does have the U tabs already.
SLITS
QUOTE (elwood-914 @ Nov 22 2005, 05:36 PM)
My 1.7 doesn't have a swaybar yet, but it does have the U tabs already.

Get the door......It's UPS drooley.gif
J P Stein
Get an adjustable AR bar. The 19 mm Weltmiester is decent and fairly inexpensive. IMO, anything bigger is too big....yes, Virginia, it's possible.....for the stock front end. With 140-150 lb rear springs this makes a nice streetable AX set-up. This was the most comfortable/controllable/easy to drive set up I ever had on my 914.....with some gud tires, of course.
bondo
I happen to know that your 914 has the U tabs, so no worries there. smile.gif
STL914
PM sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.