Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aaaahhh..1 step forward, 2 steps back :(
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
So here I go and try to bolt my wheels on the front hubs and the mother-f'rs don't fit.......

opps....my fault...i turned down the diameter of the hubcentric ring of the stock hub but totally forgot to measure the hieght of it....new rims hubcentric feature are too shallow (by .200" or so)

the worst part was that I already pressed in the studs and now I have to remove and replace them.....

oh, this is for my Vanilla Rice project, Honda style Konig rims on re-drilled and studded 4x100 bolt pattern......
I shouldv'e kept the Fuchs smile.gif

i needed to vent, much safer to do it here than throw anything in the garage

smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif
Dave Cawdrey
I had to run a 5/16 spacer up front to clear the dust cap area. The hub bore of the wheel is 2 mm too small. The wheel wouldn't sit flush.

16 x 7 w/ 205's and 5 inch back spacing.

Got plenty room now !! THANKS AGAIN, EVERYONE !!

Gonna go 225/55 or 60's and 1 inch spacers all around.
EdwardBlume
What do you use for wheel studs??? Where can I get some that would work for my 2.0 Fuchs???
Mueller
Rob,

Dave and I both have press-in studs (I'm 99% sure his are)

CB Performance carries Gorilla brand screw-in studs.
I went to Gorillas site and they just list the studs as being cold-forged (not a bad thing) but I don't know how they compare to the factory parts.

Being 14mm, they are considered oversized in the automotive industry ( a good thing ), heck, my 3300 pound Volvo only has 12mm studs.
Jeroen
No pain, no gain biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Lawrence
Got pics, Mike?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.