Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no power at
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
ok, new post to get some more attention.... This is a 1.8 FI system. I am getting power to the points, but i cant tell where it ends.... it does NOT get to the injectors... also, is there a way to test a AFM... i think mine is shot dry.gif In tech tips 700.... or whatever the POS book from AA is biggrin.gif says to take off the cover, and move the meter off of the contact points, and i should here the dual relay click... well, i turn the switch on, and tryed it and nothing happened... but the dual relay click everytime i turn the switch on..... i dont think its supposed to click every time is it??? Thanks locust.gif im still learning smile.gif
Mueller
with the key on, AFM flap open, the dual relay should activate giving power to the fuel pump and the injectors.

did you take the cover off of the relay box? do both coils energize and pull the lever down to complete the circuit?

Can you manually push the lever down on top of the coils to make a connection....these can rust preventing the correct operation

go to this site:
L-Jet trouble shooting guide and read it....please don't ask another question until you need help with the troubleshooting smile.gif

Very good site, I expect Britt to read this site as well before installing the L-Jet on his car.....
bd1308
got it mike....thanks

b
r_towle
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 27 2005, 10:11 PM)
with the key on, AFM flap open, the dual relay should activate giving power to the fuel pump and the injectors.

did you take the cover off of the relay box? do both coils energize and pull the lever down to complete the circuit?

Can you manually push the lever down on top of the coils to make a connection....these can rust preventing the correct operation

go to this site:
L-Jet trouble shooting guide and read it....please don't ask another question until you need help with the troubleshooting smile.gif

Very good site, I expect Britt to read this site as well before installing the L-Jet on his car.....

thank you thank you thank you

I have been looking for a good write up...

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.