Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yet another T-shirt Design - would you buy one?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
nynone4
OK - It seems like there have been a lot of T-shirt threads on here lately (no pun intended biggrin.gif ). I've been working on a few designs myself - and this is the first of several (I'll post as I complete them).

My questions are:

Is there any interest in buying a shirt with this design?

If you were to buy it - what color combination would you like to see (ie - black and white design on what color shirt?)

If there is enough interest, I may go ahead and have a limited run of these printed.

Mueller
I like it...not too sure about it on a shirt however.....

how about a run of 914 postcards or something like that?

see GTeeners sig line
djm914-6
I would be interested in buying designs (or would that be design rights?) but not the shirts themselves.
rick 918-S
That would be a great shop poster!
Joe Ricard
That picture rocks! If'n you do make a shirt I want 2 in Medium. No shit I really like it.
lagunero
Very nice! Not too sure on the helmet sticking out.
TINCAN914
I would...
Allan
Lose the helmet and print it on the back of the shirt and I'll take 2 xl's please...
nynone4
Thanks for the feedback guys. So is general consensus to loose the roll bar and helmet that sticks out for somthing like this version?

Lou W
yah, I like it better without the roll bar and helmet, I'd like a poster smile.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (nynone4 @ Nov 29 2005, 09:50 AM)
Thanks for the feedback guys. So is general consensus to loose the roll bar and helmet that sticks out for somthing like this version?

clap.gif You are a talented artist! Nice design! Maybe lose the driver from sight all together though idea.gif

Good mug or glass design idea.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (GTeener @ Nov 29 2005, 01:09 PM)
QUOTE (nynone4 @ Nov 29 2005, 09:50 AM)

clap.gif You are a talented artist! Nice design! Maybe lose the driver from sight all together though idea.gif

Good mug or glass design idea.gif

agree.gif

No visible driver and make it postcards or a poster. clap.gif
davec
Take the helmet and the roll bar away, and I think you will have a winner!
davec
I guess I should have kept reading... Now loose the driver. I'd like a poster of that for my race trailer!
zymurgist
If you put the design on the front, I'll take 2.
blitZ
QUOTE (davec @ Nov 29 2005, 10:15 AM)
Take the helmet and the roll bar away, and I think you will have a winner!

Maybe try it without the left side cone?
markb
Yeah, if you lose the driver, and either lose the left side cone, or maybe have the car just grazing the cone, and you've got a winner. I can see T-shirts, posters, etc with this. Nice job! smilie_pokal.gif
Brando
Nah, leave the cone!

I'd like a poster. And a shirt in Medium.
seanery
Nice design!
I like the 2nd one best. I was trying to figure out what that (the rollbar and helmet) were.
I wish I could draw like that! clap.gif
nynone4
Thanks for the compliments folks! Looks like maybe a poster is a better idea for this design. Would you guys like to have it in black and white as it is - maybe printed on paper you can color yourself - or would you prefer to see a "color" version (though I'm guessing it will be tough to decide on a color for the car everyone will like - unless it's left white)?

All good ideas - keep 'em coming!
GTeener
I wish I could draw like that too!

Re: left side cone. Cone killing is bad in AX so maybe have it tip a little instead biggrin.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (nynone4 @ Nov 29 2005, 12:05 PM)
Thanks for the compliments folks! Looks like maybe a poster is a better idea for this design. Would you guys like to have it in black and white as it is - maybe printed on paper you can color yourself - or would you prefer to see a "color" version (though I'm guessing it will be tough to decide on a color for the car everyone will like - unless it's left white)?

All good ideas - keep 'em coming!

aktion035.gif Groovy black velvet posters happy11.gif
SLITS
Someday...somebody will do underwear..
Jacco
hey man!

very nice graphics! for some reason the frontwheel is annoying me, I know you don't usually detail the wheel furthest away but the hatch pattern really grabs the attention, at least my attention.
Otherwise I really like your drawing! wouldn't mind a poster or sticker with that printed on it!

keep it up!

greets
Jacco
nynone4
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 29 2005, 12:16 PM)
Someday...somebody will do underwear..

Hahahahah!!! BRILLIANT idea!! clap.gif
nynone4
Color?

96conv
Now that's cool!
Brando
QUOTE (nynone4 @ Nov 29 2005, 01:23 PM)
Color?

Hells yes!
Rand
Looking good! Color is definitely nice.

Now just replace that expanded-metal-looking front wheel with a fuch and you're golden!!

smilie_pokal.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (Brando @ Nov 29 2005, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (nynone4 @ Nov 29 2005, 01:23 PM)
Color?

Hells yes!

color is nice, but then that'll raise the cost to make each shirt. dry.gif
Allan
I like the black and white. Either do a nice 9x12 on the back or maybe just a simple 3x5 on the left front.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (nynone4 @ Nov 29 2005, 02:23 PM)
Color?

I would buy that on a white shirt. color rocks!
Jeroen
awesome!
rpmmaxxed
Count me in for a medium shirt if they come around.
dlo914
got bored...
Series9
I will take a color poster.
TINCAN914
nice work Nynone..
I'm in for two when you get them ready..
TurtleGirl
I would love to have a poster! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I'd take a shirt, if'n you decide to do it or not...
Dr Evil
BAD ASS! Damnit, another dang shirt, poster, etc that I NEED. I like the subtle black and white and features of #2. Prefer on the back if a shirt, and would love a black and white poster.

Out fricken standing pray.gif !
GaroldShaffer
I like the color. I would take a shirt or poster, ok both biggrin.gif
mikelsr
Matt, Matt, Matt,
How many times do I have to remind you that my car is Irish Green!

user posted image

You make them, I will buy them.

Mike
Nor.Cal.914
Color looks sick! I'd take one on a shirt or poster would be sweet too. Props on the drawing skills man, biggrin.gif good stuff.
-Chris
grasshopper
i like color!! i'd take a poster or shirt!! smilie_pokal.gif good drawings!
dlo914
didnt we learn anything this year? yellow is definitely faster! driving.gif burnout.gif
ThinAir
Man! Yet another shirt that I can't live without! I'm gonna go broke yet on all these 914 T-shirts! biggrin.gif

Very nice work. I'm partial to the color one and especially to "yellow is faster", but the black & white with the same features (no helmet showing) is fine too. I'd vote for the image on the front. I'd probably be in for 1 or 2.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Nov 29 2005, 08:12 PM)
didnt we learn anything this year? yellow is definitely faster! driving.gif burnout.gif

Oh yea, we have a winner.
maf914
The yellow version is not bad at all. No driver's helmet, no rollbar. I'd buy a T-shirt or two. Oh, yeah, I agree with the comment to add the front wheel detail. biggrin.gif

Now if it was Malaga red...Oh Yeah, Baby! aktion035.gif

Good work. I think the image works very well.
nynone4
OK -

There seems to be some consternation about that front wheel (the perspective actually had you looking at the tread of the front wheel... like the original Falken Azenis or Yoko A032 - they are cranked hard to the right). I've changed the angle of the turn of the front wheel so it's not to severe, and you get a look at some of the actual wheel.

Better?
nynone4
Here's a detail shot of the front wheel - it's tough to see in the last pic.

Aaron Cox
love it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.