Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust or Head Leak?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
goose2
I think case savers and divilar studs can be a fairly permanent cure for the magnesium cases....as long as the heat is reasonably well controlled. I understand that this became a problem when the displacement grew from 2.4 to 2.7...more stress on the mag case and less material around the spigots...combined with more heat. Some of the 2.7's had a fan with fewer blades in an attempt to reduce fan noise. Another good thing upgrade for 2.7's.
When Porsche went to the 3.0, the cases were again made from aluminum and stud pulling is rare...but the early divilar studs were prone to corrosion and breaking.
Allan
It's done!!!

Went to my mechanics place to check on things and he is finished. Took the car out for a quick test drive and it runs really well.

Sounds like how a bad ass six should. This thing is fast. burnout.gif

Apparently the head leak was screwing up everything. Even the 46mm carbs seem alot more agreeable.

I hope it stays together for awhile.
Porsche Rescue
A six always runs/sounds better than a five. Here's hoping it will last. Enjoy
MoveQik
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Dec 6 2005, 11:56 AM)
A six always runs/sounds better than a five. Here's hoping it will last. Enjoy

chairfall.gif
markb
smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
Root_Werks
boldblue.gif I would ponder and say WTF, but I am just glad to see it torqued up and is holding. that is a GOOD sign! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.