Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adjusting throttle position switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eddie
does anybody out there have any good advice about adjusting a new throttle positioner switch?
Eddie
SLITS
Go to the Pelican Parts site....there is a tech paper about adjusting it.

Ah, one post, a newbie....welcome...... www.pelicanparts.com ..... 914 section ... technical stuff.............
Howard
Try the quick and dirty and see if that works.
Screws loose, turn on ignition, wait for pump to stop. Turn counter clockwise to stop. Slowly turn clockwise until you hear a click. Turn a skosh more then tighten.

Now I wait for the experts to yell at me smile.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 2 2005, 06:26 PM)
Try the quick and dirty and see if that works.
Screws loose, turn on ignition, wait for pump to stop. Turn counter clockwise to stop. Slowly turn clockwise until you hear a click. Turn a skosh more then tighten.

Now I wait for the experts to yell at me smile.gif

That's why your cars run so well........... dry.gif
jim_hoyland
I read the tech article; my switch is not adjstable. Were they different in the later year models, i.e. 1.8 l ??
Mueller
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Dec 2 2005, 06:49 PM)
I read the tech article; my switch is not adjstable. Were they different in the later year models, i.e. 1.8 l ??

I believe the AFM took over some of the logic of the TPS so no need to have it adjustable on the L-Jet cars.
sean_v8_914
...20 or 21 clicks?
eddie
thanks for the info I should probably get a shop manual
Michael J
If you have a car with a Djet FI it's really pretty simple. The Pelican Parts article is step by step. You do need an ohm meter but you should have one for other stuff anyway.

Welcome beerchug.gif and we would really enjoy seeing some pics of your car. Hope it's not something up on jackstands but if it's not now it will soon be. Have fun and let us know how things go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.