Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 plenum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
my 2.0 has a Fi plenum on it, but the cheesehead screws are frozen....tried for three weeks to get it out....and its making me want to beat my engine to death....

I tried heat...no can do.

The whole engine is oil soaked....still wont budge

i dont want to damage the plenum by crowbar or anything

what should I do?

b
Aaron Cox
core motor?

easy out screw extractor

tried a WIDE screwdriver, with someone leaning on it , and a vice grip to turn?
McMark
Get an impact driver from the hardware store. It's got a screwdriver bit and you hit it with a hammer. As you hit it, it twists. They take a little getting used to using, but they work great for exactly what you're asking about. One moderate hit and it'll at least get the thing started and hopefully it doens't twist the head off. ohmy.gif
Dave_Darling
Try the right-sized screwdriver. I found that all the ones I had were too small. I managed to get one screw off of the motor anyway, and took it to Sears with me. Turns out the largest screwdriver my local Sears carries is the only one that fits the slot heads! Thing looks like a crowbar (or a Massive Bonking Stick) with a slot-head driver machined onto the end...

The screws came off with no problem once I used the correct tool!

--DD
914werke
Mark is right on PU one of these at HF bout $10 I use it all the time
Bleyseng
Put the massive screwdriver in the screw and smack it hard once. then turn it out. smash.gif
914werke
Ill bet the "Massive" screw driver costs more thn $10 wacko.gif
Bleyseng
I think mine was $1 at a garage sale but its the wrong time of year to go yardsaleing. popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.