plymouth37
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
KELTY360
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
type47fan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 15 2008, 09:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ Dec 7 2005, 02:02 PM) *

well, you get at least 8 hours ... I'm going to bed now yawn.gif

Gustl, wake up! ... It's been 3 years ...

poke.gif Andy

"Rip Van Gustl"
SirAndy
Guten Morgen Wolfgang!

chowtime.gif Andy
MartyYeoman
popcorn[1].gif
Eric_Shea
Still a mystery after all these years...
SLITS
Damn Eric, you must be totally bored to dig up a thread that old.

After all the questions, the owner found out he was ripped, set off on a journey to find the culprits and was never heard from again.
Eric_Shea
Finally! A straight (well... consider the source... as straight as it can get), definative answer. beerchug.gif
twash
gt's were only made in 1970,rear truck shock area is welded nice up date,incorrect fuel tank cross brace, fuel cell conversion on gt fuel tank, wrong color head lite covers, non bosch cut off switch ,sway bar is an update that never worked out that good
carr914
QUOTE(twash @ Jan 26 2011, 11:47 AM) *

gt's were only made in 1970

Wrong !
twash
it would help if you expand on your response. any body can say wrong. by 1971 factory effort turned off
carr914
Here you go

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
twash
now here's some meat , pull out the 471 cars which had only flairs. the acutual race cars were called in reality renn optioned cars, Competition equiped, gt is only a race class in which the 914-6 renn cars race in
twash
QUOTE(twash @ Jan 26 2011, 09:54 AM) *

now here's some meat , pull out the 471 cars which had only flairs. the acutual race cars were called in reality renn optioned cars, Competition equiped, gt is only a race class in which the 914-6 renn cars race in, also need to verify what options were added to car

carr914
QUOTE(twash @ Jan 26 2011, 12:54 PM) *

now here's some meat , pull out the 471 cars which had only flairs. the acutual race cars were called in reality renn optioned cars, Competition equiped, gt is only a race class in which the 914-6 renn cars race in

Now, what are you talking about?
twash
all 914-6 cars were all production cars, some cars were special order, porsche had a sport package Renn) option that was available, in this package the cars were equiped different options. I.E. brakes, suspension, engine components, fender flairs,wheels. You could order different combinations for a renn package.
twash
sports info for the renn 914-6 , go to aramandos GT site look under " 914-6GT technical Documentation and then go to Sports info for the 914-6 GT. all the different compoments for the renn package is there, reading german helps
SirAndy
QUOTE(twash @ Jan 26 2011, 09:19 AM) *
gt's were only made in 1970 ... by 1971 factory effort turned off

Wrong!

Factory GT, Project# 914/56, Raced at 1971 Monte Carlo
IPB Image

Factory GT, Project# 914/57, Raced at 1971 Monte Carlo
IPB Image

Factory GT, Project# 914/58, Raced at 1971 Monte Carlo
IPB Image

Eric_Shea
Now back to your regularly scheduled fake GT. Anybody know about this car?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 26 2011, 03:53 PM) *

Gustl? biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Great pics Andy ! How about starting a historical picture forum. Perhaps organized by vin. smile.gif
Justinp71
QUOTE(Gustl @ Dec 5 2005, 10:02 PM) *

914.0.43.1569 - the ex Tergal Monte Carlo GT

owner is the president of the spanish Porsche Club

<!-- emo&:wavey: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo --> Gustl

According to Gustl and the chart above this is a real 914-6 GT???
Gustl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 27 2011, 01:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 26 2011, 03:53 PM) *

Gustl? biggrin.gif

well ... did anybody contact the spanish club to get in contact with their president?
as I told before, I don't know spanish ...

the german guy contacted this spanish guy, but never got answer
maybe the contact information was bad - or the spanish guy just didn't want to discuss his car confused24.gif

I'm afraid I can't contribute more about this car ...

but I think some 914-4 parts on the car - as well as black headlight surrounds - won't tell us that it's a fake
referring to my infos it was a rallye car in the 70ies, so it wouldn't be very surprising that it got damaged / crashed
and I'm sure nobody gave a damn about using a cheaper 914-4 part instead of an expensive 914-6 part on a rallye car that made the same job ...?
we don't know yet when these parts came to the car and if anybody back then realised that this car could be worth much more in the future (currently, speaking of presence)
just my 2 cent ...

beerchug.gif Gustl
Bleyseng
Haha, this is a funny thread....nothing like someone calling Andy out...
Check with the bible first! Das Grosse Porsche/VW Book..
marankie
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(twash @ Jan 26 2011, 08:47 AM) *

gt's were only made in 1970,rear truck shock area is welded nice up date,incorrect fuel tank cross brace, fuel cell conversion on gt fuel tank, wrong color head lite covers, non bosch cut off switch ,sway bar is an update that never worked out that good

Well guys. irrespective of its pedigree, it looks like a well turned out good looking car. Right color too. Tony, with respect to the rear sway bar set up, I can well relate to it. If you lower a 914 for racing and hit big high speed bumps like at turn 8 at Willlow springs, the top strut pivot point at the end of the sway bar hits the bottom of the trunk and becomes an instant hard bump stop. This will put you into the weeds. Believe me I know. And there are lots of (upward facing) bumps in my trunk, despite the fact that I have shortened the rear sway bar links from the shock bolt to the end of the sway bar. I have seen the swaybar in the trunk set up before, and this addresses the above problem, allowing full wheel travel (as allowed by the spring and shock). Especially for rallying, where you want compliant suspension to run fast on bumpy roads, this would be a good solution. I never did it because I did to cut holes in the trunk.
Martin
Eric_Shea
Hi Martin. wavey.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(marankie @ Jan 27 2011, 09:51 AM) *

Click to view attachment
QUOTE(twash @ Jan 26 2011, 08:47 AM) *

Well guys. irrespective of its pedigree, it looks like a well turned out good looking car. Right color too. Tony, with respect to the rear sway bar set up, I can well relate to it. If you lower a 914 for racing and hit big high speed bumps like at turn 8 at Willlow springs, the top strut pivot point at the end of the sway bar hits the bottom of the trunk and becomes an instant hard bump stop. This will put you into the weeds. Believe me I know. And there are lots of (upward facing) bumps in my trunk, despite the fact that I have shortened the rear sway bar links from the shock bolt to the end of the sway bar. I have seen the swaybar in the trunk set up before, and this addresses the above problem, allowing full wheel travel (as allowed by the spring and shock). Especially for rallying, where you want compliant suspension to run fast on bumpy roads, this would be a good solution. I never did it because I did to cut holes in the trunk.
Martin

Martin,
Have you considered another old trick?
Lower the bottom shock mounting bolt by welding a new bung on teh bottom of the trailing arm....

Rich
tscrihfield
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 26 2011, 02:22 PM) *

QUOTE(twash @ Jan 26 2011, 09:19 AM) *
gt's were only made in 1970 ... by 1971 factory effort turned off

Wrong!

IPB Image

I promise that I am not trying to start anything or trying to be a prick but this car has Black headlight surrounds? idea.gif Just got me thinking thats all...
SirAndy
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jan 27 2011, 02:42 PM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 26 2011, 02:22 PM) *

I promise that I am not trying to start anything or trying to be a prick but this car has Black headlight surrounds? idea.gif Just got me thinking thats all...

In case of 914.143.0139 we don't have to worry about "real" or not anymore ...

"send to the crusher 09.15.1972"

R.I.P. sad.gif
Eric_Shea
Just not right... hissyfit.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jan 27 2011, 11:42 PM) *

you shouldn't doubt the originality of a car or its model/built year just from the colour of the headlight surroundings ... they are changed within a minute biggrin.gif

gothspeed
I can't believe I missed this thread ........ great magazine find!!! Thanks for sharing!!! beer.gif
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jan 27 2011, 11:56 PM) *

QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jan 27 2011, 11:42 PM) *

you shouldn't doubt the originality of a car or its model/built year just from the colour of the headlight surroundings ... they are changed within a minute biggrin.gif

That is what I was getting at. I just heard a lot to do with unoriginal headlight surrounds and thought if this known GT had black headlight surrounds then that most likely shoots that idea out of the water.
Eric_Shea
Some had "no" headlight surrounds. wink.gif
msglaigaie
Exellence did an article on this GT years ago. It stated that the original driver had a road dust problem and specifically requested the extra nozzel on the drivers side. I thought this a grand idea and I purchased the (not yet installed) nozzel and tubes to do mine. What a good idea!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.