Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Success: Engine build take 3
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I got my 2270 running after the second complete teardown. I broke in the cam for 20 minutes and there were no leaks. I'll let it cool and check the valves, change the oil and the filter. So far looking good. Take it easy on the mess in the picture. I kind of get crazy.

Dave
Mueller
smilie_pokal.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif

way to go......!!!!!!!

you should have become a heart surgon biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Uh Dave by the looks of it you managed to run the engine while it was sitting next to the car.
Pretty cool considering the FI system.
I can run my engines on a rigged up test stand but with carbs.
Glad to hear you got it breathing fire again. clap.gif
Mark Henry
smilie_pokal.gif

Fingers crossed for ya bud! cool_shades.gif

Flat VW
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Dec 6 2005, 10:13 AM)
smilie_pokal.gif

Fingers crossed for ya bud! cool_shades.gif

"third time is the charm"

John
Jake Raby
Fingers crossed here as well.. Dave is being a Guinea pig and no matter how much I dislike that fact- its the truth.

I have an engine ready to dyno that has the same ring package that we went to for his engine and I'll be testing the hell out of it tomorrow.

Dave, take some leak down numbers now so we will have a baseline to work from later down the road and can compare notes. do the leak down with the engine held at TDC and while its still warm. Let me know the numbers that you get and I'll do the same.

This odd situation has perplexed Charles and myself and we feel certain that the ring substitution will take care of the situation.

dave has been a real sport!

Now, back in the foxhole to dodge some rounds......
Allan
Excellent news!!!
fiid
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Good job dude. Excited to hear how the car runs when it's together!

DNHunt
Engine's already cool. I'll do a leakdown after I run it for a while in the car. Other than it being a little tight it looks good. It was ready pretty rich so tuning is in order.

Dave
Eddie914
Way to go Dave!

I'm hoping third time is a charm for me too!

#1. 2.7S engine - dropped valve and shattered piston.

#2. 2.7S replacement engine - looked good until coutershaft chainwheel tooth chips found in the sump.

#3. Inspecting a 3.2 tomorrow night

Wish me luck!

Eddie
Bleyseng
Dave, how is the welder used to test the engine? Extra spark? smiley_notworthy.gif
Granite 914
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Dec 6 2005, 10:50 AM)
Uh Dave by the looks of it you managed to run the engine while it was sitting next to the car.
Pretty cool considering the FI system.
I can run my engines on a rigged up test stand but with carbs.
Glad to hear you got it breathing fire again. clap.gif

I'd LOVE to see a pic of your "test stand". Maybe theres something in a search regarding this? I'll go looky see.

I'm new to this car of mine, and starting to think about making one myself. biggrin.gif

Dave, that aint "crazy"........its BEAUTIFULL! biggrin.gif

SirAndy
good news for a change ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Site
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Dec 6 2005, 01:47 PM)
I got my 2270 running after the second complete teardown. I broke in the cam for 20 minutes and there were no leaks. I'll let it cool and check the valves, change the oil and the filter. So far looking good. Take it easy on the mess in the picture. I kind of get crazy.

Dave

Great job, Dave! Very inspiring. You're reaping the benefits of some long hours and good planning smile.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Granite 914 @ Dec 6 2005, 07:51 PM)
I'd LOVE to see a pic of your "test stand". Maybe theres something in a search regarding this? I'll go looky see.

I'd have to say it's the blue dolly under the engine smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.