Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 050 Dizzy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
I'm thinking about a carb conversion. It seems most people prefer/recommend the 050 dizzy over the 009. Any ideas/suggestions on where to get one?

er, did I mention WITHOUT BREAKING AN ARM AND/OR A LEG?
markb
QUOTE (Carlitos Way @ Dec 7 2005, 04:46 PM)

chairfall.gif
Aaron Cox
MALLORY all the way. and if you put carbs on a motow with an FI cam ill kill you smile.gif

i had an 050 on my carb cammed motor and it worked 'ok'. Mattr is currently borrowing it....

AA
SLITS
for cheap (kinda) use a 1.8 dizzy.............
Carlitos Way
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 7 2005, 04:47 PM)
MALLORY all the way. and if you put carbs on a motow with an FI cam ill kill you smile.gif

i had an 050 on my carb cammed motor and it worked 'ok'. Mattr is currently borrowing it....

AA

Bring it on, wonder boy!!!
SLITS
QUOTE (Carlitos Way @ Dec 7 2005, 06:11 PM)

AA

Better watch out.....he'll sthmack you with his pursth!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 7 2005, 06:12 PM)
QUOTE (Carlitos Way @ Dec 7 2005, 06:11 PM)

AA

Better watch out.....he'll smack you with his purse!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

ron's time of the month i guess laugh.gif
Dave Bell
SLITS said 1.8L dizzy ... which is an 050 dizzy AFAIK.

I ordered one up at a local auto parts store 4 years ago... something under $50... probably a rebuilt in Mexico.
dbledsoe
QUOTE (Carlitos Way @ Dec 7 2005, 06:46 PM)
I'm thinking about a carb conversion. It seems most people prefer/recommend the 050 dizzy over the 009. Any ideas/suggestions on where to get one?

I've got one that came out of my carbed engine that shoved a valve through a piston (so I put in a Buick V6). All I gotta do is find it. PM me if you're interested in it.

Don
SLITS
QUOTE (Dave Bell @ Dec 7 2005, 06:15 PM)
SLITS said 1.8L dizzy ... which is an 050 dizzy AFAIK.

I ordered one up at a local auto parts store 4 years ago... something under $50... probably a rebuilt in Mexico.

Not quite the same...1.8 has better advance curve.
Dave_Darling
And a vacuum cannister.

--DD
Elliot_Cannon
Got a 009 in mine. Seems to run OK. driving.gif
Elliot
Kargeek
I may have an 009 new, in the box if you need it. DH
bottomend
or... you could get an SVDA from Aircooled .net. I bet John would curve it for your engine if you requested. I had one before I bought my Mallory and except for the adjustablity factor, I dont feel any difference between the two.

the difference between stock and the SVDA/Mallory was AMAZING!
Carlitos Way
QUOTE (bottomend @ Dec 7 2005, 09:49 PM)
or... you could get an SVDA from Aircooled .net. I bet John would curve it for your engine if you requested. I had one before I bought my Mallory and except for the adjustablity factor, I dont feel any difference between the two.

the difference between stock and the SVDA/Mallory was AMAZING!

WTF is an SVDA???

In my neck of the woods, we consider that a Simi Valley Damn A$$hole.

Of course i'm kidding... but what the heck is an SVDA distributor?
bottomend
Single Vacuum Duel Advance. I'm not qualified to give you an exact breakdown as to why these work so well but I'm sure someone will chime in.

I installed one in my 1.8 L bus and man (!) it was like I had added a fifth cylinder! Hills that would normally be taken in second gear were now able to be scaled in third. I think it was about half the price of the Mallory too.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.