Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPI In Huntington Beach, CA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
Going to take a look at a 73 1.7 tomorrow - http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.co.../1/81866941.htm

Anyone in or around HB seen this car or know the guy or perhaps interested in doing a PPI? Says he was putting it back together but has given up. Still has the FI, light rust, but needs interior work. Engine was worked over with the easy stuff but hasn't sorted electrical, thus it is not currently running.

Whaddya think?
lagunero
Hopefully the HBer's will chime in. If no one has by this weekend, I can go down there.
Series9
?Donde esta Jose Sharp?
skline
I am in Costa Mesa but am in HB all the time and if you want someone to go with you to look at it, I may be able to. I have a job in Long Beach around 9 AM and should be done sometime between noon and 2 in the afternoon. Send me a PM and I will send you my number.
lagunero
QUOTE (914RS @ Dec 7 2005, 08:59 PM)
?Donde esta Jose Sharp?

con el Venadito Cazadores
Series9
QUOTE (lagunero @ Dec 7 2005, 10:03 PM)
?Donde esta Jose Sharp?

laugh.gif
JB 914
QUOTE (lagunero @ Dec 7 2005, 10:03 PM)
?Donde esta Jose Sharp?

smoke.gif
JB 914
QUOTE (kconway @ Dec 7 2005, 09:27 PM)
Going to take a look at a 73 1.7 tomorrow - http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.co.../1/81866941.htm

light rust, but needs interior work.

lol2.gif

I had two with light rust. I would bring a screwdriver to the PPI. check the floorpans along the seams with the longs and in the rear corners of the floor pan. as always check the hell hole area too. check the door gaps to see if it "sags" from rusty longs.

below is a picture of the "light rust" i found on my California car. you could put your fist thru that square area. Before i started to really dig it looked like surface rust. once i started to poke with a screw drive and clean it up it all just started to flake away.

i had to cut out that plus about 6 inches forward to get to solid floor board. Same on the other side.

I think rust is like an iceberg. what you see is only on the surface. It's not that it cant be fixed. It's just time consuming if you do it yourself and $$$$ if you get someone else to do it.

BTW, if you do get it and need to fix the rust, POR-15 is the bomb. Marine clean, Metal Ready and POR-15 paint. a little goes a long way.
JoeSharp
Well I just went and looked at the car.
It has some rust and it is a porject car but for $950 you should come down and look at the car before Thomas finds it and cuts it up.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Dec 8 2005, 05:16 PM)
Well I just went and looked at the car.
It has some rust and it is a porject car but for $950 you should come down and look at the car before Thomas finds it and cuts it up.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

:sawzall demon:

sawzall-smiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.