Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online source for electrical parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Mainly I am looking for the connectors that plug into the FI Trigger Points. They are small, and radio Shack doesn't have them. Is there an online place where I can search for these types of things?
tryan
see if this is what you need.
Charles Deutsch
Try here http://www.digikey.com

Charles
Dave_Darling
Ask Bowlsby nicely. He has them. I was able to find parts that were "close" at a local Metric and Electrical supply house, Global Metrics in Belmont CA. I was also able to get them from a Beck-Arnley dealer--B-A supplies parts to a lot of auto parts stores.

But frankly, Chris, if the harness is old enough that the connectors are falling off, you really owe it to yourself to just get a rebuilt one (yeah, 99% new is "rebuilt") so you can know it's all in good shape.

--DD
ChrisReale
Yea, I do need a new one, but it is not that bad yet. Its not that it is falling apart, just a few of the connectors need to be replaced laugh.gif
Qarl
Damnit! I remember coming across some site (Besides Bowlsby's) that had fuel injection boots and all kinds of grommets and fuel injection pieces.

I thought I book marked it, but now I can't find it!

If anyone else does, post the link here.

Karl
tryan
i'll look for triggers.
JeffBowlsby
If all you need is a couple wire terminals...I do simple repairs too...

I clean and bench test the entire harness, replace boots and any other missing parts and make it good as new.
DNHunt
Chris, Check wrecked Vanagons. Many of the connectors are the same. they are not new but are better. Be prepared to solder.

Dave
JeffBowlsby
Dave, Vanagons are L-jet, and the 73 714s are D-Jet as you well know. Two different connectivity systems that are not easily interchangeable.

The L-jet wire terminals do not fit into the 3 pole trigger point (or any of the ) D-Jet housings, but the L-jet housings can be made to fit onto the D-Jet FI components. Its just that the L-Jet parts need modification to fit and then the connection wont be encased by a rubber boot as teh D-Jet is, so the connection will get contaminated with moisture, dirt, and all the other stuff found in open engine compartments.
tryan
mercedes, volvo, type III vw's and others all used the trigger type bosch injection and should have the same plug. i would let jeff check out the whole harness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.