Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painting of POR-15
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
Is it possible to paint over POR-15 and still have a great looking paint job? Or do the body/paint guys just hate this stuff?

I would suppose that you could paint over POR-15 on the inside of the car (under carpets for example) because no one normally worries about a great shining paint job there. beer.gif

boxsterfan
tryan
karl thinned some down and sprayed it. in the floriduh humidity no less.

it is not uv stable, so it must be topcoated or kept out of the sunlight.
Chris H.
Not sure I have a recommendation on topside, but for the underside/floorpans/trunkls/etc, they make a primer/topcoat that helps get regular paint to stick to it. Otherwise it's too slick and paint will not adhere.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Aug 21 2003, 01:50 PM)
Is it possible to paint over POR-15 and still have a great looking paint job? Or do the body/paint guys just hate this stuff?

they make a topcoat primer that's supposed to allow any paint to stick. but (per the instructions i read just last night) you can also hit it with a dust coat of 'regular' paint while the POR is still tacky and that will form a layer new paint can adhere to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.