Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpet Glue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Any suggestions on a good carpet glue? I tried the 3m general adhesive on some loose vinal. It didnt hold up to well. So I would assume it would work poorly on carpet.

Thanks
TheCabinetmaker
carpet glue or cove base adhesive from Home Depot or Lowes
Demick
I used the 3m super spray adhesive for my carpets and it worked great. Be sure to follow the instructions - spray on both surfaces, wait a few minutes, and then stick together. It works like contact cement.

Demick
Jeffs9146
3m worked great for me agree.gif !

Jeff
jari-jodokus
I did not glue my carpet! So it is easy to remove for inspection .....and moist and water can be seen before it gets to rust and the carpet can dry more easily.
But i must add : it rains a lot overhere!
The carpet will soon take its shape , you could use 2-side-tape to get a proper attach.
In my other car (Borgward Isabella '57) we put first liters (1/4 gallon) ML-tectyl/Wax on the floor then undercarpet soaked in it and then glued the actual carpet with 3M-spray-glue.

Succes!
tryan
monkey snot...

3m makes an 0077 and a 0078. i think the 78 is stronger.
Maine914
I use velcro tape strips so I could pull the carpet up whenever I wanted for cleaning and inspection. Works fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.