Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems if I don't run the decel valve???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Currently my D-jet 2.0 only has two of the three hoses hooked up on the Decel valve (two larger diameter that go to the plenum)...where does the third line go?

What are the ill effects of removing this all together to rule out vacuum leak sources while I fine tune the motor
(don't worry Mike, I'll put it back smile.gif )
mikerose
Mike can I use the six to drive to the east coast next week laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
MikeD,

Your ballsy. Car hasnt ran in 10 years. I drove it 20 feet forward yesterday under its own power.

Let me bleed the brakes and exercise the pistons and you can drive it. Heat even works.

MikeM. I normally remove the decel valve.

B
airsix
Hey Mike, when I did my PEFI conversion I did away with the decel valve.
Effect has been possititve. The engine spools down much quicker when
the throttle is closed. Shifting is much quicker now. Some might say that
you could have stalling because the rpms will drop too fast. I haven't had
that problem, but I'm also running more advance at idle than stock in
combination with a restricted air-bleed port to pull idle down to 900.
I still get stock idle speed but with much higher manifold vacuum, so
it never stalls and pulls better off idle. I don't see any reason to keep
the decel valve.

-Ben
Demick
Only reason (besides emissions) to run the decel valve is if your valve guides are worn and your engine tends to smoke on overrun when hot. The decel valve will not let the intake vacuum get as high, reducing the amount of oil getting sucked by the valve guides on overrun.

Demick
'74 2.0
efrenv
Plugged the deceleration valve and hoses on mine, car runs o.k. ... knock on wood ... smile.gif
Mainly for emissions (ref: Haynes Manual)

Efren
'76 2.0
Dave_Darling
The small hose goes to the manifold. One of the large hoses (doesn't matter which) goes to the air cleaner, and the other goes to the manifold.

Not a critical item, but I think they're reasonably nice to have.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.