914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
KaptKaos
Orange FTW!
balljoint
YPAF. but keep the Guards Red.
turboman808
paint her like this

I would like to paint mine like the general lee but it would cost like 10k I would imagine. Can't justify in my mind takeing a car completely apart to paint it when it's got a perfectly good paint job.

IPB Image
JPB
Two tone would be the trick boss! I'm doing mine black on top hoods, window frames back and front, sail panels and everything else in red. All high gloss and the hoods will be natural carbon fiber black. I will also pit two red racing stripes on the lids.

beer.gif TWO TONE!
SirAndy
QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 2 2006, 02:33 PM) *

TWO TONE!

Tommy? biggrin.gif
Andyrew
whew.. old thread!
chilli
Humm Sepia Brown, factory paint to match
7TPorsh
Chrome Yellow.
JPB
Sweet color of your choice, ie. purple, and a cream color to match as the other tone.

beer.gif Foose says two tone every time. Think about it. Don't forget the pin or race stripe accent!
SpecialK
Damn it!! Someday I have to learn how to use Photoshop!! headbang.gif

My favorite color (not listed....and not a 914 color) is now, and shall aways be, Arena Red Metallic (or the Z06 Corvette Metallic Maroon), with tan interior and gold BBS/Mahle spokes...... wub.gif (we need a "woody" smilie).
banksyinoz
normally id vote YELLOW piratenanner.gif

but im fellin YELLOW is a colour only for lemons (not the licky licky variety)

so

now i dont know

maybe bumblebee

maybe purple (to keep my wench(wife KMA.gif KMA.gif KMA.gif ) happy) KMA.gif KMA.gif
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif
scotty b
One of the most BEAUTIFUL colors I've ever seen. It is a Model T color IIRC. BTW my dad is the guy in the blue shirt with his hands up, the guy in the plaid shirt is the first guy I ever did Porsche werk for )356 & early 911 master!) and the guy in the print shirt is his best friend since high school.
McMark
An Aubergine 356! wink.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 2 2007, 10:12 PM) *

An Aubergine 356! wink.gif

dry.gif Black Cherry byatch. I don like eggplant! chairfall.gif
Rusty
Nice. wub.gif

I don't think I've ever seen an Aubergine 356. Pictures of a few early 9'lebens...
jimkelly
me - i like - red or blue - bass boat super heavy metal flake : )

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Feb 3 2007, 01:07 AM) *

Nice. wub.gif

I don't think I've ever seen an Aubergine 356. Pictures of a few early 9'lebens...

Yea.. paint it PURPLE.

gayfight.gif

Don't paint it yellow... 'cause then you would be like these guys.

Click to view attachment
ICY HOT STUNTAZ!!!
Pat Garvey
I vote bumblebee, but with a red or orange roof....so eveyone will recognize that's it's you.
scotty b
Could somebody photo shop the color on the 356 I posted onto this 914 please?I have been planning on doing my car silver but the more I think about it I want to see a GT flared car in that color first. Black cherry with a buff colored interior wub.gif Or silver with a brick red interior wub.gif DAMN I hate this headbang.gif
scotty b
356 is NOT aubergine....not that ther's anything wrong with that biggrin.gif this 911 IS aubergine, 356 is darker and more.......better drooley.gif Aubergine is nice though
effutuo101
Hey Andy, How about black body and orange accent like the creamsicle? I Love this paint...
Eric_Shea
Andy... with your PS skills could you do Scotty's car with a real Rasberry as well? I'd like an idea of what a GT clone would look like in Rasberry.
PORobinSCHE
i went for pink....a man comfortable with himself could drive that car anywhere.....me? i am a rolling basketcase.. wavey.gif
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 20 2005, 03:23 PM) *

<!-- QuoteBegin --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!-- QuoteEBegin -->what, no silver? <!-- QuoteEnd --></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!-- QuoteEEnd -->

I've never had silver candy before... <!-- emo&:unsure: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->

Jen

Really??? Come on over to my van little girl. I have some silver candy in the back... biggrin.gif Just kidding!!!
jimkelly
i have no PS skills - this is the best i can do - 914 black cherry.
Coy
My monitor's not calibrated and your photo almost looks black to me, but this might be a closer look at what that car would look like in that color... err aubergine or whatever...

Click to view attachment
thomasotten
I think you need to brighten up the wheels. Black wheels don't seem to go with that combo. Needs a little more bling.
JPB
Cool this is back and have a real candy idea. You take a 914 to bare metal. Shine the steel and use a course 3M pad on an air grinder to cut swirls in the steel in different directions. Then you paint the whole car in candy apple red translucent like the candy. The swirls give the car 3D depth as you look at it in different directions. This would also be an exhibition of 914 steel opulance of the most decadent kind. SCHWING!:beer1:
purple
Well....of course I'D vote for purple biggrin.gif
Zundfolge
I still think the optimum color for a 914 would be metallic silver ... with bright red leather interior ... an homage to the 550 wink.gif

If Chip Foose ever steals my car, thats what I want biggrin.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Coy @ Sep 9 2007, 03:42 PM) *

My monitor's not calibrated and your photo almost looks black to me, but this might be a closer look at what that car would look like in that color... err aubergine or whatever...

Click to view attachment

FUCH FUCH FUCH. I was all decided on silver and then Jim had to go and photoshop that color and then Coy had to make it look even better headbang.gif headbang.gif Silver w/ red interior....silver with green interior (new 911 green interior color) or Black cherry with buff interior sh*t sh*t sh*t. Well at least 2 more years to make that decision.....at least.............. blink.gif
scotty b
Well while you guys are making my life even more agravating could someone please photoshop these little gems onto the Pur.....black cherry car???? wub.gif
Coy
If you had a picture of them mounted I could do better.

Click to view attachment

Personally I like non-colors; Silver, Black & White (in that order).
effutuo101
wub.gif
Cherry and bling...
scotty b
QUOTE(Coy @ Sep 10 2007, 10:57 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Man my pants just got a wee bit tighter! Decisions decisions decisions headbang.gif
RoninEclipse2G
I voted for orange only cause there was no creamsicle (how is that not candy color?)

my wife says purple (it's almost what we painted the creamsicle before we found out what it was)

and scotty... that black cherry is fuching GORGEOUS! the buff interior would set it off sooooo nicely
scotty b
QUOTE(RoninEclipse2G @ Sep 13 2007, 05:02 PM) *

I voted for orange only cause there was no creamsicle (how is that not candy color?)

my wife says purple (it's almost what we painted the creamsicle before we found out what it was)

and scotty... that black cherry is fuching GORGEOUS! the buff interior would set it off sooooo nicely

Yeah I am SERIOUSLY reconsidering the silver. I love a silver GT but there are plenty of them and DAMN that Black Cherry is gorgeous ! drooley.gif
grantsfo
I reccomend dis

IPB Image

or dis

IPB Image

Now for something real wild how about Janis Joplin motif?

IPB Image

But my favorite is this one:
grantsfo
How about patriotic theme?

IPB Image
RoninEclipse2G
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 13 2007, 07:09 PM) *

QUOTE(RoninEclipse2G @ Sep 13 2007, 05:02 PM) *

Yeah I am SERIOUSLY reconsidering the silver. I love a silver GT but there are plenty of them and DAMN that Black Cherry is gorgeous ! drooley.gif

If you don't I will on the next teener we get drooley.gif
geniusanthony
can someone give me a few pointers on color changes via photoshop...I I imagine use magic wand +shift/alt to get the area selected. then add a layer adjusting transparencies?? mine just suck so I could really use some pointers..THanks guys
SirAndy
QUOTE(geniusanthony @ Nov 4 2007, 04:18 AM) *

can someone give me a few pointers on color changes via photoshop...I I imagine use magic wand +shift/alt to get the area selected. then add a layer adjusting transparencies?? mine just suck so I could really use some pointers..THanks guys

select an area (the car) then simply play with the color-balance of the selection. don't select windows, wheels etc. only parts that have the body color ...

pretty simply, really ...
bye1.gif Andy

PS: i don't use the magic wand, i use the freehand selection with straight lines. wherever you click next, it's gonna make a straight line from the last click. if you zoom in enough, that will give you a very nice selection ...
Coy
Do like Andy says and take your time selecting the exact area you want to adjust.

Save your selection under "Select" > "save selection".

Then make a new layer and set it's mode to "overlay" and fill your selection area with a single color.

Then go to"Image" > "Adjustments" > "hue/saturation" and change the color to whatever you like (you can also adjust the degree of color saturation and the lightness/darkness there).

This way, if you really mess up, you can delete the layer and reload your selection ("Select" > Load Selection") and start over.
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 13 2007, 03:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Coy @ Sep 10 2007, 10:57 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Man my pants just got a wee bit tighter! Decisions decisions decisions headbang.gif

This pic looks awesome!!! Nice modern touch with out looking like a ricer!

Too bad yellow is faster! beer.gif
jaminM3
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Sep 13 2007, 07:20 PM) *

I reccomend dis

IPB Image

Like this:
scotty b
[quote name='bmtrnavsky' date='Nov 5 2007, 09:02 AM' post='963853']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 13 2007, 03:55 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[quote name='Coy' post='944269' date='Sep 10 2007, 10:57 PM']

Click to view attachment

[/quote]

[/quote]

This pic looks awesome!!! Nice modern touch with out looking like a ricer!

Too bad yellow is faster! beer.gif
[/quote]

Yellow BLOWS !! The decision had been made. I will be doing my car that color, therefore all others are forbidden to even consider it for theirs !! ar15.gif I'll be incorporating some minor body changes ph34r.gif from the one in that pic. Wheels....well if'n I come into some serious $$$ I'll get them otherwise I'll find something close dry.gif
Root_Werks
Blue wub.gif
jt914-6
Here's a dark blue for you.....Ocean Blue Metallic....3AY.....

Click to view attachment

And another Gulf Blue scheme....

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.